• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BUY DEUS EX 2

boogaboogabooga

Reaction score

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Quick review:

Played about 12+ hour so far - just made it back to Detriot after visiting our Canadian neighbors (no spoilers). Probably the most engrossing game I've ever played. Very hard to put down.

A couple of thoughts:

+
Multi-layered story keeps things interesting (reminds me a lot of MGS - SoL but without a lot of the over the top antics and plot twists)
Main character sounds and acts like Dirty Harry, black chick must have been modeled after Halle Berry
Like MG, feels like you really accomplish something if you get through an entire quest without sounding an alarm, killing a guard, etc
Like the aug enhancement system - decisions have real consequences as you get further into the game

-
Playing console so the controls are a little ackward - would imagine the PC experience is a lot smoother
Combat system is sub par, covering system is too advantageous and makes some of the level design feel lazy, predictible
Enemy AI is a joke (bosses are a little better but not by much)
There are too many vents in the game, a grappling system enhancement would be a nice addition
Not enough weapon variety

Overall, a solid 9+ score out of 10.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Game owns. It owns pretty hard, that being said... a few gripes:

Inventory management
Jumping puzzles
REALLY, REALLY EASY.

Also, the game really really really favours stealth over combat. Gunning everything down leaves you with no ammo and dead shortly thereafter, whereas going the stealth route even without the stealth augs is ridiculously easy. I don't have any of the quiet walking or LoS/noise visual aid stealth thingies, and sneaking around is stupid easy. Getting the ghost achievement is almost a given if you have a working brain and some patience. I got the social aug and maxed my hacking asap and the game has been pretty easy. I think I'll try another playthrough trying to kill absolutely everything; I feel it'll be much harder.

Game thus far: break a wall/hack a terminal/fall into an otherwise unreachable area. Crawl through vent. Sneak up on guard(s), hold Q and kill. Hack now accessible terminal. Continue on to next area. Sneak up, hold Q, kill. Hack next terminal, crawl through another vent. Talk to NPC. etc. etc.

That being said, the game is awesome and is a great successor to the first. I remember reading absolutely every newspaper and geeking out over all of the lore and conspiracy in the first one - its nice to be able to put together the story by yourself via logs/newspapers/ebooks/pocket secretaries and whatnot. I have a notepad and I write down who is emailing who and whatnot - it really makes the story shine when you get that "ohhh snap" moment after reading a sneaky email or something.

Last edited:

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How does this game compare to Morrowind? (apple to oranges?) Cuz thats the only game I own/play now... :blush:

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did gamestop take out your coupon?? Happen to read about this in the Journal the other day, Crazy ****. Just a note, never spend your own money at gamestop, they are a joke.

Last edited:

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dont like GameStop but I cant blame them for taking out the code.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Square Enix did not inform them that their copies would be packaged with content that directly promoted their competitor. Other than simply flat out refusing to sell their whole PC stock and waiting for another production run, I cant really think of a solution. What would you have done if you worked at GameStop?

I'm really enjoying the game. I maxed out hacking, and I'm also finding a lot of skills like the Icarus falling system and wall breaking to be more useful than I thought. I stopped using the PEPs gun after I got the double take down since I use them in the same situations. After I finish this game, I would like to play it again with minimal hacking skills, most of the combat oriented perks.

dune

Reaction score
Just finished it. This game is so good. Get it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads