• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bush Blames Poorly Made Shirt for Bulge

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tm....h_bulge Bush Blames Poorly Made Shirt for Bulge Tue Oct 26,10:29 AM ET WASHINGTON - President Bush (news - web sites) sees the value "” and the humor "” in the idea that aides could secretly feed him advice through a radio receiver hidden on his back. "Please explain to me how it works so maybe if I were ever to debate again I could figure it out," Bush said Tuesday on ABC's "Good Morning America." After television cameras showed a box-shaped bulge on his back during the first presidential debate, Internet bloggers wondered whether Bush had been wired to receive help with his responses from aides such as White House communications director Dan Bartlett and senior adviser Karen Hughes. When asked about the bulge that appeared as he and Sen. John Kerry (news - web sites) debated Sept. 30 in Coral Gables, Fla., Bush tantalized conspiracy theorists by saying, "Well, you know, Karen Hughes and Dan Bartlett had rigged up a sound system ..." "You are getting in trouble," responded host Charles Gibson. "I don't know what that is," Bush said. "I mean, it is "” I'm embarrassed to say it's a poorly tailored shirt." Bush said there was no sound system or electrical signal. "I guess the assumption was that if I were straying off course they would ... kind of like a hunting dog, they would punch a buzzer and I would jerk back into place," Bush said. "That's just absurd." The Bush campaign laughed off the speculation when it first blossomed on the Internet and then cropped up in news stories.

Doctor Crane

Reaction score
Alright, before this gets into some sort of flame war, which I'm inclined to think it will, let me just ask who cares? Is there really a point in continuing this conspiracy theory anymore? After all, I thought it was the enlightened democrat's job to remain on topic as well as message while the stupid republicans brought up the petty, sideshow, distracting issues.

bigbadbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how would a poorly tailored shirt show up thru a suit like that? If it's a poorly tailored item it's got to be the suit, right?

Brian SD

Reaction score
I don't see a flame war coming of this... I thought it was for humor. At least I hope so, because I thought it was funny.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
Interestingly, Georges de Paris says it's his fault.
President%27s%20Tailor%201.jpg
Would you trust a tailor who looked like that?. Link. (Does that mean we can blame the French?
biggrin.gif
)

FCS

Reaction score
(Does that mean we can blame the French? Â
biggrin.gif
 )
Unless he changed his name into Georges de Blair, or de Sydney, or de Crawford. let's kick him out of the country.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what's wrong with how georges is dressed? he looks fine except that his tie is a bit long for my taste.

Is there really a point in continuing this conspiracy theory anymore?

i probably don't fall under the category of conspiracy theorist, but i don't believe one who asserts that a conspiracy is going on should be dismissed so quickly. it bugs me when i hear people say, "that's just a conspiracy theory," as though it automatically means the guy is wrong.

Brian SD

Reaction score
what's wrong with how georges is dressed? he looks fine except that his tie is a bit long for my taste.
Quote:
Is there really a point in continuing this conspiracy theory anymore?
i probably don't fall under the category of conspiracy theorist, but i don't believe one who asserts that a conspiracy is going on should be dismissed so quickly. it bugs me when i hear people say, "that's just a conspiracy theory," as though it automatically means the guy is wrong.
I think its his hair, not his tie.

bestmastertailor

Reaction score
My professional opinion is that it was an armored vest, as the President usually wears one in public (my friend who is a Secret Service agent tells me this). Having made suits for several people who wear body armor, it is difficult to get a great disguise fit as it doesn't move with the body fluidly and from the photos I observed, it looked just like body armor. The White House isn't going to come out and say this because the do not ever comment on security items, so just blame it on the tailor for not shortening the back enough.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
It's not meant to start any kind of flame war. I just think it's funny that they even responded to the claims.

Personally, I think it's the cover to his retractable evil alien robot bug wings, but that's just me.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Personally, I think it's the cover to his retractable evil alien robot bug wings, but that's just me.

C'Mon, J., everbody knows the earth ruler aliens are reptilian...

"I don't know what that is," Bush said. "I mean, it is "” I'm embarrassed to say it's

Perhaps he just doesn't know the difference?.

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
C'Mon, J., everbody knows the earth ruler aliens are reptilian... ....
my monkeyman overlords would beg to differ.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
C'Mon, J., everbody knows the earth ruler aliens are reptilian...
Kent Brockman told me they were giant ants.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Well who's right? This seems important if we are to take back the world for humankind. Has anyone seen pictures of Kerry without a jacket on?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads