1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Brunch - New York City

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by JSC437, Oct 22, 2010.

1. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Q. I need you to recommend a restaurant. I’m a 35-year-old professional in Manhattan, and I am looking for a place where I can take my boys from the office to meet this smoking-hot girl I hooked up with at Lily Pond in the Hamptons this summer.

Me and my team, we’re big into that whole meatpacking district thing. We like steak, veal. Maybe Italian food? There’s one dude from Mexico City who eats only fish, which is weird. Maybe this girl would eat fish, too. I don’t know. We’ve been to something like 10 restaurants now, and I think her favorite foods are truffle fries and ketchup. But she drinks Champagne. So maybe bottle service?

Speaking of, this place has to be exclusive. I need a little exclusivity to offset the fact that I’m taking a girl to dinner with six dudes who do math for a living, and not six girls who look just like her. Usually, she likes to eat in a room with women who look like beautiful giraffes and dudes tall enough to look down on them.

Which is, by the way, a message I totally endorse: I’m a former rugby back, 6-foot-3, 220!

Finally, if there’s a guy in the restroom who could hand me a towel after I’m done doing my business in there and washing my hands, maybe give me a mint or something? I would be into that. Old school! I would tip that guy $5 just for being there, you know?

[​IMG]

2. hboogz

hboogz Senior member

Q. I need you to recommend a restaurant. I'm a 35-year-old professional in Manhattan, and I am looking for a place where I can take my boys from the office to meet this smoking-hot girl I hooked up with at Lily Pond in the Hamptons this summer.

Me and my team, we're big into that whole meatpacking district thing. We like steak, veal. Maybe Italian food? There's one dude from Mexico City who eats only fish, which is weird. Maybe this girl would eat fish, too. I don't know. We've been to something like 10 restaurants now, and I think her favorite foods are truffle fries and ketchup. But she drinks Champagne. So maybe bottle service?

Speaking of, this place has to be exclusive. I need a little exclusivity to offset the fact that I'm taking a girl to dinner with six dudes who do math for a living, and not six girls who look just like her. Usually, she likes to eat in a room with women who look like beautiful giraffes and dudes tall enough to look down on them.

Which is, by the way, a message I totally endorse: I'm a former rugby back, 6-foot-3, 220!

Finally, if there's a guy in the restroom who could hand me a towel after I'm done doing my business in there and washing my hands, maybe give me a mint or something? I would be into that. Old school! I would tip that guy $5 just for being there, you know?

That's hilarious, especially more so when I first read it from Sifton describing the atmosphere at LAVO.

3. changy

changy Senior member

Q. I need you to recommend a restaurant. I'm a 35-year-old professional in Manhattan, and I am looking for a place where I can take my boys from the office to meet this smoking-hot girl I hooked up with at Lily Pond in the Hamptons this summer.

Me and my team, we're big into that whole meatpacking district thing. We like steak, veal. Maybe Italian food? There's one dude from Mexico City who eats only fish, which is weird. Maybe this girl would eat fish, too. I don't know. We've been to something like 10 restaurants now, and I think her favorite foods are truffle fries and ketchup. But she drinks Champagne. So maybe bottle service?

Speaking of, this place has to be exclusive. I need a little exclusivity to offset the fact that I'm taking a girl to dinner with six dudes who do math for a living, and not six girls who look just like her. Usually, she likes to eat in a room with women who look like beautiful giraffes and dudes tall enough to look down on them.

Which is, by the way, a message I totally endorse: I'm a former rugby back, 6-foot-3, 220!

Finally, if there's a guy in the restroom who could hand me a towel after I'm done doing my business in there and washing my hands, maybe give me a mint or something? I would be into that. Old school! I would tip that guy $5 just for being there, you know?

lol

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

4. JoelF

JoelF Senior member

stuff

haha hilarious

5. JasonCali

JasonCali Active Member

Cafe Carlyle
    Balthazar on Spring Street
    Pastis in the MePa
    Bouchon at the TWC
    Sarabeth's in the UWS
    Cafe Gitane at the Jane
    Gemma at The Bowery
    Penelope on Lex

6. AgentQ

AgentQ Senior member

I've had a few enjoyable brunches at the West Village Petite Abeille.

7. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Any opinions on Minetta Tavern for brunch? Staying in meatpacking this weekend and don't have the patience for a brunch line. MT had reservations available

8. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

Do it and get the burger. They also have great drinks

9. ac21686

ac21686 Well-Known Member

Far better than any of the places you would be waiting in line for brunch in the area. Get the burger, eggs and truffles, and a side of duck hash.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  10. lefty

lefty Senior member

The $26 burger is overrated. Have the $16 burger and a decent drink instead.

lefty

11. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

Overrated burger or not it's a good burger

12. lefty

lefty Senior member

It's not a bad burger, but afterwards you're left wondering why you just spent $26 on a hamburger.

The $16 burger is as good. Or bad. Or overpriced.

Nice room. After 6 months in this hellhole my wife and I went back to NYC and hit the MT just after landing. I looked over to her after we ordered drinks and she had a tear in her eye.
    "What's up?"
    "It's just nice to be in a normal restaurant."

lefty

13. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

Prolly overpriced and nothing mind blowing but its a pretty delicious burger. I should try the $16 one next time. I love the space and love that the bartenders actually know their stuff and they have a great selection of drinks. The other food there is a pretty good value IMO.

Your wife is funny

14. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Not huge on brunch but last time I was in NY I went to ABC Kitchen