• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brooks outlet: Loro Piana cord suits for $80

scruff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have an extra suit in a 39s if anyone is interested. I'll do a proper posting on Monday, but if you're hungry for it, I can ship it out tonight. It'll be $ 98 priority mail.

YoungAmerican

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Kick-ass, I ordered one. They didn't have them in the outlet nearest me, but I called the number, Diane answered and helped me out with extreme graciousness.

ltontheqt

Reaction score
Mine arrived and the jacket is indeed a 40R and the pants might be a 40 to match, even though tag reads 34. Back to Brooks it goes. I will lose no sleep over it.

clayb00ts

Reaction score
Looks like I found this a little too late. Does anyone know where I might be able to round up a 36s/37s?? The BB outlet near me doesn't have them and the number from earlier in this thread is sold out of that size.

rand

Reaction score
Try Jeffersonville Ohio . They can aslo "search other stores". Shipping about 9 bucks ,return to any Brooks retail store for full refund. No time limit.

tsherry

Reaction score
Mine came yesterday. My 46R was right on (in the jacket, pants were a little large). Since these are Italian made, maybe the conversion from EU to American sizing is what made some of the smaller sizes seem tent like. IIRC that conversion is 10 down from the EU at around size 40, but for me at least, it's more like 12 (EU 58 down to American 46). So, if these suits are running large, a EU 56 down to American 46 would fit, which seems to be the case. Confused??

Nice enough fabric, great style, good color, good fit (except more shoulder than I like, but I'm spoiled).

Since I had a $20 gift card it set me back $69 with shipping. Couldn't ask for a better deal. Knock around pants, jacket to dress up or down, and a casual suit to boot. Showed the wife identical looking suit in Ben Silver catalog and told her I just saved $700!
laugh.gif

Thanks, again Doc!

pabloj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scruff
I have an extra suit in a 39s if anyone is interested. I'll do a proper posting on Monday, but if you're hungry for it, I can ship it out tonight. It'll be $ 98 priority mail.
Did you make that posting? I'd like to see some detailed photos.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads