• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brooks outlet: Loro Piana cord suits for $80

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scruff
Dude, it's only $80. Just return it if you don't like.

Exactly. That's what I keep telling people. Don't sweat the cut, armholes, color, etc. It's an $80 suit. You can't expect perfection. It's a fun, Friday suit. You can wear the coat on its own with jeans, if a cord suit is not for you. I'll post a picture so everyone will stop asking. You can return these at any Brooks Brothers. If you're intrigued by the prospect of an $80 Loro Piana cord suit, order the damn thing.

tsherry

Reaction score
Pulled the trigger. What's a lemming got to lose?? Mine coming from Jeffersonville, OH.
laugh.gif

rand

Reaction score
Suit was delivered today great deal thanks for the heads up

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here you go, kids. My only real complaint is that it seems to be more of a true 3-button. Color is accurate.

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The picture exagerates it slightly, but I plan on taking it to the tailor to get a proper reshaping of the lapels to make it more of a 3-roll-2.5.

Ricardo Malocchio

Reaction score
I had no idea that a tailor could alter the lapels in that way. Any idea how it's done, and how well the results turn out? Is this something that any decent tailor would know how to do (say, Joe Calauttie at Rizzo's Cambridge)?

farfisa23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The thing fits like a freaking tent, fyi, size one down.

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by farfisa23
The thing fits like a freaking tent, fyi, size one down.

+1 for sure.

Regards.

Ricardo Malocchio

Reaction score
Hmmm. Having ordered my usual 38R size, I'm a bit concerned. On the other hand, we have two reports that it "fits like a tent" and two others that the fit is somewhat trim at least for Brooks Brothers.

Originally Posted by dshin
Just ordered a 42R from Diane. She was awesome. She even measured the shoulders for me...I was torn between a 41 and and 42. FYI the 41 measures 18.75 inches and the 42 measures 19.

Originally Posted by zbromer
The best thing I found about the suit is that it fit reasonably trim. The shoulders are very soft, and I found a bit more shape in the waist than in other Brooks Brothers offerings.

Originally Posted by zbromer
My 38S fit just right. I normally wear a 38S in just about every other brand. Sometimes I have to let a bit out, sometimes take some in. I felt this fit pretty spot on, and I probably won't need any alterations. I don't mean to say it's a slim fit, but it definitely was not large. I was pretty happy with the soft shoulders and the slight shape in the waist.

farfisa23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some BB fits different than others. This is a true 3 Button and fits, I would say 1/2 to 1 size up. If you are a 38, that should work. I ordered two sizes, same 9 dollar shipping and you can return it to any BB store. Order a 38 and 36 (or 37).

Should be fine.

Also, you want a cord suit to run bigger and loosely, just not too big.

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everybody fits into clothes differently. I normally find a BB 38 to be a little loose on me. I found this 38 to fit me quite well. Others may differ. I can almost never size up in any coats, because the shoulders won't fit me on a 40. I wouldn't sweat any of this stuff too much on a $80 suit. If it works, great. If not, oh well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads