• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brooks Brothers Ties at Marshalls

Lawman

Reaction score
Our Marshall's used to have Pantherella socks frequently, but never any more. They have a lot of mainline RL stuff, mostly all of it made in China, Hong Kong, etc. You can occasionally find blue label stuff, but very rarely. The suits and jackets at the local shops are all Haspel, Bill Blass, Lauren main line (green paperwork) and other crap. Never any decent shirts other than basic Lauren main line button downs with the guy on a horse. Sometimes Trafalgar belts, but they are all made in China now. Also, they used to have lots of Best of Class ties, but it has been a long time since they have had any.

Sid

Reaction score
Depends on the location. One in Houston by the Galleria I visited today had a RLPL three-piece suit, some Hickey Freeman suits and sportcoats, and other higher end stuff. It's the best by far in our area.

hwangjy

Reaction score
I actually bought sky blue Brook Brothers tie from Marshall's quite
a while ago. They were about 6/10 if I were to rate it for its quality,
but they do look quite alright.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I've picked up several of the irregular Brooks ties. You do have to look closely, but I've found some in classic patterns that were fine -- quite a few pindots and repp stripes. I've posted more than one in WAYW and so far no one's called me out on my irregular ties.

I don't think Brooks' ties are anything special, but they're serviceable. And I would much rather pay $15 for a slightly irregular Brooks tie than Brooks' asking price of $75-$95.

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most of them are decent and have tiny flaws that 99% of people won't notice. I did buy one that was too short though --- might have been a boys' tie by accident. They let me return it.

However, the asking price of $17 or so may be too high, since I've picked up Polos and Valentinos for about $3-15 before.

needler

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
I don't think Brooks' ties are anything special, but they're serviceable. And I would much rather pay $15 for a slightly irregular Brooks tie than Brooks' asking price of $75-$95.

Or you could pick them up on ebay for <25. Personally, the fact that there is a special Brooks "irregular" label that they sew on the back is a dealbreaker. There's no way I'm going to look in my closet in the morning and reach for the tie that says "irregular".

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by needler
Or you could pick them up on ebay for <25. Personally, the fact that there is a special Brooks "irregular" label that they sew on the back is a dealbreaker. There's no way I'm going to look in my closet in the morning and reach for the tie that says "irregular".

You can get first-quality, NWT Brooks ties on the Bay for less than $25? I'll have to check that out. I don't know that I'd pay $30 shipped for one very often, but maybe now and then.

Really, though, the "irregular" stamped on the back doesn't bother me at all. If the tie presents well, whatever. I'm not too hung up on stuff like that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads