• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brooks Brothers Shoes / Peal & Co Shoes / Black Fleece Shoes

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I think it is made by C&J.
but the nails!? the nails???? i have several pairs of C&J branded shoes and the nail pattern is different. However, the writing, font, etc inside the shoes is identical

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A while back, somebody posted the Fall preview, and I stated that I would kop the 2-3 sack patch pocket camelhair sportcoat at full price. Not at $1450 I won't! Bleh!

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Back to the original question/post.

So what is the big deal about whether C&J or AS made the shoes?

Is one suppose to be better than the other? Do you have more bragging rights with one than the other? :confused:

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A spilt toe double sole marked 11d is on eBay and the outsole is 317 mm while my Darltons marked 10.5 are 323mm. Both are afaik on same last and have the same sole. So can outsole length be comparable in this case ? Does the split toe run small ?

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A spilt toe double sole marked 11d is on eBay and the outsole is 317 mm while my Darltons marked 10.5 are 323mm. Both are afaik on same last and have the same sole. So can outsole length be comparable in this case ? Does the split toe run small ?

I have 11 in both models so if you are 10.5 in darltons, they might be too big for you.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, thanks

This is what the listing says

I offer for auction this pair of size UK 10 D  (U.S.  10.5/11 ------- EU 44) normal width fitting this classically plain yet elegant 5 tie Derby style lace up with handsewn toe seams which are cut from finest hand burnished dark brown grain calf leather  formed on last 325. This particular pair are MTO for the USA market and size on lining shows U.S size 11 D which puts them somewhere between UK 10 and UK 10.5 so please check measurements before bidding, they feature goodyear welted DOUBLE thick leather soles ...

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads