• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brooks Bros Christmas Bragging thread and Appropriate Rage!!

why4009

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cchen
if its just a touch tight, lose a few lbs?

I wish I could the suit was tight in the shoulders.

Well I tracked down another one 44S (thanks Furo) and having it shipped also with this master plan of somehow exchanging the one 44s for the 42s and just being out some additional shipping for the second suit. I hope the suit is as nice as it looks in the pics.

Happy Holidays!

blairh

Reaction score
The online promo they were having is absurd. An additional 15% off if you purchase online by 12 noon Eastern time. I mistook that for 12 am. I went to BB this afternoon to try a jacket on, came back home to purchase online, and realized the additional 15% off ended this afternoon at noon. Yes, my fault, but I refuse to pay 15% more for something I could have had for cheaper hours ago.

Gonna call a manager at my local BB store and see if I can get it for the cheaper price that was offered online.

Siggy

Reaction score
Additional 15% off is still working online. It is taken off at the end of checkout.

rezzor

Reaction score
Picked up three for 159 extra slim fit button downs. The extra 15% came off at then end but this only worked when I went to the brooks website through their email.

blairh

Reaction score
The extra 15% loses a lot of luster when they charge you for shipping ($19) and sales tax ($11). Vomit.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blairh
The extra 15% loses a lot of luster when they charge you for shipping ($19) and sales tax ($11). Vomit.
I was also stunned at the shipping charge. IIRC, mine was $17, and much more than I'm used to paying to have a sweater shipped via ground.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
I was also stunned at the shipping charge. IIRC, mine was $17, and much more than I'm used to paying to have a sweater shipped via ground.

Got 3 100% cotton (not the non-iron ones) button down dress shirts and 8 ties....the extra 15% came off at the end....I also called their 800 number to do it as the shirts were not coming up 3 for $159...

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The shipping has been like that for a long time.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deveandepot1
The shipping has been like that for a long time.
I guess I hadn't noticed previously. Overall, BB makes online shopping frustrating, sometimes items come right away but at other times you have to wait many days if not weeks.The high shipping charges only add to the frustration.

x26

Reaction score
I guess I hadn't noticed previously. Overall, BB makes online shopping frustrating, sometimes items come right away but at other times you have to wait many days if not weeks.The high shipping charges only add to the frustration.

In addition to all that Brooks Brothers uses 3rd Party "Operators" that know nothing about the product line and are not helpful at all concerning Customer Service.
ffffuuuu.gif

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

+10

BB online is often infuriating in the post-order/fulfillment stages. I find that, if I don't use overnight shipping, it will take a lifetime and a half for BB to get my order shipped, let alone delivered. And they're also not shy about taking my money for an order, then waiting 5 freaking weeks to ship it, then calling to inform me that they're "out of stock" on one or more of my items.

So I basically use overnight shipping as my default choice now, at no small cost.

EDIT: Perfect and ironic case in point: just found out that the shirt order I placed on 12/22 (and for which I paid $25 on "overnight" shipping) has been delayed to an estimated January 16th shipping date. Lovely.

bapelolol

Reaction score
Are there upcoming markdowns in January coming for winter merchandise? Significant discounts?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharpro78