• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brioni mtm

dhinggok

Reaction score
Hey guys-
I was wondering what Brioni MTM suits cost at the Brioni store in New York? I am just looking for a pretty ordinary cloth like a 120 or something similar? Also, do you guys know who Donald Trump uses as a shirtmaker?

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know specifically, but you should count on at least $4,000, even for ordinary fabric. I say this given the price of RTW Brioni suits that run from @ $3,000-$4,500 or so. Call the store.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not to quote myself from a previous post, but: "Oh, and the men should always remember a very important rule: never, never, never copy Trump's style; he has none"

For shirts I would recommend RTW / MTM Hilditch & Key (RTW easily ordered through their website or catalogue, MTM can be ordered soon, they have a tailor coming to NYC in October if I properly recall) or MTM T&A (as long as you live in NYC, because if not it is impossible to get attention from them).

As far as Brioni goes, I would suggest Borrelli MTM, which will run you less than Brioni and has just about the same (probably more) hand finishing and is finished with more Neapolitan details (and better cloth from my experience) than are found in the somewhat bland Roman style of Brioni. If not, (and if you can afford them) MTM Attolini or Kiton are always available. If not, Oxxford is IMHO a better alternative to Brioni (although I rather order something from the Italians first, but that's just me).

Jon.

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
As far as Brioni goes, I would suggest Borrelli MTM, which will run you less than Brioni and has just about the same (probably more) hand finishing and is finished with more Neapolitan details (and better cloth from my experience) than are found in the somewhat bland Roman style of Brioni.
Brioni, and Roman-style suits in general, are hardly bland. They're just different from Neapolitan-style suits.

If you want the Roman look, you're probably not going to be satisfied with a Neapolitan suit.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
MTM usually adds 15-20% of the cost of the garment over RTW, depending on the manufacturer.

Since Brioni RTW probably starts at around 2800, I'd think the cheapest you'd get a MTM for is ~3600.

STYLESTUDENT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since Brioni RTW probably starts at around 2800, I'd think the cheapest you'd get a MTM for is ~3600.
Maybe higher. The current fall Bergdorf catalog shows a wool sport jacket at $3,950 and a wool suit at $3,800.

naturlaut

Reaction score
I don't know the listed price, but from my experience, it starts from around $5000. It's a pretty good MTM program, delivered in about 6 weeks, with unfinished buttonholes and pants. These will be finished (assuming there are no other problems with body fitting) locally at either a Brioni store or Brioni department in your department store.

Brioni (Burini) MTM shirt starts from around $350.

kidkim2

Reaction score
To repeat myself from a related thread (Ask Andy), Greg at Wilkes Bashford here in Frisco quoted me a minimum of $4400 for two-piece MTM Brioni. It was two weeks ago, when the measurements were free.

This is two thousand dollars more than I paid for a three-piece MTM Brioni suit (at the same store) about 18 months ago.

Whew.

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know the listed price, but from my experience, it starts from around $5000.  It's a pretty good MTM program, delivered in about 6 weeks, with unfinished buttonholes and pants.  These will be finished (assuming there are no other problems with body fitting) locally at either a Brioni store or Brioni department in your department store.

Brioni (Burini) MTM shirt starts from around $350.
For that price you could fly to Rome get a bespoke suit and have plenty left over for gelato.

koji

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(naturlaut @ 24 Sep. 2004, 9:15) I don't know the listed price, but from my experience, it starts from around $5000. Â It's a pretty good MTM program, delivered in about 6 weeks, with unfinished buttonholes and pants. Â These will be finished (assuming there are no other problems with body fitting) locally at either a Brioni store or Brioni department in your department store. Brioni (Burini) MTM shirt starts from around $350.
For that price you could fly to Rome get a bespoke suit and have plenty left over for gelato. koji
Ahh.. Gelato and granita.... worth the trip just for those two
biggrin.gif
, but $5000 is not enough for a bespoke at the Brioni flagstore in Rome.

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(imageWIS @ 24 Sep. 2004, 1:07) As far as Brioni goes, I would suggest Borrelli MTM, which will run you less than Brioni and has just about the same (probably more) hand finishing and is finished with more Neapolitan details (and better cloth from my experience) than are found in the somewhat bland Roman style of Brioni.
Brioni, and Roman-style suits in general, are hardly bland. They're just different from Neapolitan-style suits. If you want the Roman look, you're probably not going to be satisfied with a Neapolitan suit.
I concur. Different look/image and feel. Worlds apart. Brioni though can make any man look more 'manly'
smile.gif

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(Thracozaag @ 25 Sep. 2004, 06:49)
Originally Posted by naturlaut,24 Sep. 2004, 9:15
I don't know the listed price, but from my experience, it starts from around $5000. Â It's a pretty good MTM program, delivered in about 6 weeks, with unfinished buttonholes and pants. Â These will be finished (assuming there are no other problems with body fitting) locally at either a Brioni store or Brioni department in your department store. Brioni (Burini) MTM shirt starts from around $350.
For that price you could fly to Rome get a bespoke suit and have plenty left over for gelato. koji
Ahh.. Gelato and granita.... Â worth the trip just for those two Â
biggrin.gif
, but $5000 is not enough for a bespoke at the Brioni flagstore in Rome.
I wasn't speaking bespoke at Brioni in Rome, of course
cool.gif
koji

naturlaut

Reaction score
I think fully bespoke Brioni is only offered at their store in Milan; or did I get my information wrong? The shop is actually an older-styled shop, not like the one at Barberini, and the bespoke suit costs much, much higher.

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find Napolian style pants are too tappered IMO. My Brioni has striaght cut which I totally LOVE. Brioini creates this "DO NOT F**K WITH ME" image. Very bold and sleek cut. So I am hesitatied to wear daily basis (only for party where i need to make statement without opening my mouth ^_^)

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think fully bespoke Brioni is only offered at their store in Milan; or did I get my information wrong?  The shop is actually an older-styled shop, not like the one at Barberini, and the bespoke suit costs much, much higher.
If you're going to do that, you might as well go all out and get a K-50 suit (with mannequin).

koji

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics