• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Briefcase Appreciation thread

Reaction score
@Gio
Thanks for the info! May I ask when you placed the order and if you know whether those prices are still valid?

Thank you for the info! Bag looks great and prices seems very reasonable! @GIONBagBudapest are those prices still valid?

As for a while we cannot properly update our own website, the prices and stock may already differ. The quality work and material already justify a higher price themselves (yet exclude several additional fees or possible improvements above the product). Until we find a solution we and kindly ask our customer to use our Etsy shop (https://www.etsy.com/shop/GIONbag) and/or for a bespoke piece to contact us directly.

juanandresqo

Reaction score
Heh. I have one of your Tamarao backpacks, and one of your tech organizers in leather. I'd suggest you get a single-gusset or dual-gusset briefcase and rely on organizers for the rest. You do want one that is stiff enough to stand on its own, floppy is not a good look in a briefcase.
That’s a great idea. To have light weight removable organizers that perfectly fit the briefcase size. Cheers

Ian Clegg

Reaction score
I bought some "one of a kind" pieces as part of the Black Friday Sale and they were phenomenal! However, I noticed you pulled them all off your website around mid-December even though you had some additional remaining pieces. Will you bring them back in the future?
Can you please clarify which year you are referring to? 2021 or 2022? Any one-of-a-kind items in our facility would still be available on our website. If you are unable to find the specific items you are referring to, it is likely that they have already been sold.

symphvaria

Reaction score
Curious if anyone has recommendations for a briefcase I can get on very short notice, I fly in a week and I need something that's in stock and I can order between now and then. Needs to be able to fit a 15-16" laptop, preferably at least 2 gussets. Would have a preference for handstitched over machine stitched, but if I like the look enough it's not a dealbreaker.

marlinspike

Reaction score
I have an opportunity to get an ST Dupont briefcase at a very favorable price, but I won't be able to see it in person and I have never seen them in person. I know most luxury brands make junk, but I know their pens are actually built to a very high level of fit and finish, so maybe the leather goods are too? Or is that too hopeful? Does anybody have any experience with them?

Leander walker

Reaction score
The DuPont briefcases made in France are superb quality. They also make briefcases in other countries that are of very good quality,but the ones from France are the best. Everything DuPont makes is excellent quality They formerly were a lot more well known in the U.S,but now their products are harder to find. But they continue produce excellent quality products

ceriano

Reaction score
Frank clegg English brief in maroon and black View attachment 1798937
I’m considering buying a frank clegg tote to go with my briefcase. I currently use a waxed canvas shopping bag to carry lap top etc.
should I get a matching color two tone with my briefcase or just go mono color?
does anybody if Clegg does special order or just have to wait for one of a kinds again?

Attachments

• 1F8DA069-01A1-4891-87EC-E34A1A8B191E.jpeg
    1F8DA069-01A1-4891-87EC-E34A1A8B191E.jpeg
    287.5 KB · Views: 358

ThomGault

Reaction score
I’m considering buying a frank clegg tote to go with my briefcase. I currently use a waxed canvas shopping bag to carry lap top etc.
should I get a matching color two tone with my briefcase or just go mono color?
does anybody if Clegg does special order or just have to wait for one of a kinds again?
They do special orders. I was very unhappy with the timeline of discussion and setting the specs, but the final product was spot on. I've had multiple types of items special ordered to my request and no product has ever been as precisely created as my frank clegg briefcase.

ceriano

Reaction score
They do special orders. I was very unhappy with the timeline of discussion and setting the specs, but the final product was spot on. I've had multiple types of items special ordered to my request and no product has ever been as precisely created as my frank clegg briefcase.
Thank you! I may just go mono color then. It doesn’t really have to match the briefcase.

fazalmajid

Reaction score
The DuPont briefcases made in France are superb quality. They also make briefcases in other countries that are of very good quality,but the ones from France are the best. Everything DuPont makes is excellent quality They formerly were a lot more well known in the U.S,but now their products are harder to find. But they continue produce excellent quality products

If you have the opportunity to visit Paris, they have an outlet store in the One Nation outlet Mall:

marlinspike

Reaction score
If you have the opportunity to visit Paris, they have an outlet store in the One Nation outlet Mall:

I forgot my dad had my grandfather's briefcase still, and have put that back into use instead.

Attachments

• 20230318_125007.jpg
    20230318_125007.jpg
    431.4 KB · Views: 1,515
  • 20230318_125018.jpg
    20230318_125018.jpg
    345 KB · Views: 1,822

marlinspike

Reaction score
An original Halliburton briefcase? Must be a collector’s piece.

I don't think there's much value in something society no longer likes, but the only ones I have seen with that interior strangely are just a few that have all been in Japan.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member