• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BREAK THE "RULES" CHALLENGE

Best of "Breaking the Rules"

• Dennis Walter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bienluisaenpris

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • SycSyc

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Isolation

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Upr-Crust

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • EFV

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • An Acute Style

Votes: 15 53.6%
  • Claghorn

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Mr. Knightley

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • RoSaCe

• Diplomatic Ties

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Manolo

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

"Inspired by AAS" challenge.

But I don't own anything black watch (save for a cummerbund, and working that into a daily fit would be a little challenging . . . :embar:)

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Red tie -_-

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

"Inspired by AAS" challenge.

I think that would be a little too narcissistic. :revolve: Maybe a dress like EFV challenge though.

But I don't own anything black watch (save for a cummerbund, and working that into a daily fit would be a little challenging . . . :embar:)

I remember a few years ago there was a brand trying to make cummerbunds casual everyday wear. I haven't heard from them in a while.

Red tie -_-

I remember I did a red challenge before and people kept wearing burgundy and pink. :facepalm:

Academic2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats, AAS.

Well, if a colored tie challenge is wanted, there was some recent discussion on GNAT about purple being a challenging color generally.

Cheers,

Ac

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Called it!, Seriously, though, this was a good one, and fun.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Last edited:

OmniscientCause

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have two pairs of black watch shoes: boat shoes and sneakers.  Neither of them seemed appropriate here.  I'm on the hunt for a more fitting pair.  

By project, do you mean this outfit or the whole black watch thing in general.  For the outfit, I started with the shirt.  In general, freshman year of high school I bought a dope black watch Tommy Hilfiger hat.  It was stolen during gym that winter. Maybe I never got over it and am over compensating.  I just think it's the coolest pattern ever. 

Stubbs and wooton had some...had a very thin red line in them though...and I thought I wasn't ever going to find someone who likes blackwatch more than I do...I was way wrong.

https://www.stubbsandwootton.com/shop-men/slippers/baird-tartan-le-14142.html

Dennis Walter

Reaction score

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice one, AAS. Won´t be playing this time, being Roycru isn´t easy and many, oh so many lost souls will fail and be doomed. 

It's just for fun. No doom involved. I think dressing like Roycru is the easiest thing to do. Trad/ivy looks aren't hard.

Dennis Walter

Reaction score
It's just for fun. No doom involved. I think dressing like Roycru is the easiest thing to do. Trad/ivy looks aren't hard.
That might be true for some, yet not for all probably :)

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I believe I cast the deciding vote for AAS. Good entries overall, but closer than I thought it would be.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads