• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brand you hate and the reasons for it..

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

bullshit, i bought a pair of AE's players and when i got them their was a gash on the upper heel of the shoe.

My goodness, so angry for such a new poster.

Did anyone say AE was perfect? Of course not. They make errors just like any other company, but considering the size of their operations, the percentage of issues is much lower than what I've seen from meermin.

Furthermore, I bet AE resolved the issue immediately.

totolino85

Reaction score
Over priced? Yes
Suit quality closer to zara as opposed to suit supply? No not really, Mainline Dolce & gabbana is fully canvased, with pretty nice fabrics, Gucci is made by Zegna, and some Prada is made by Belvest.

Prada and Gucci starts at 1700euro --> around 2000 dollars I rekon? (retail , I know is easy to find them on sales for 1\2 but still...)
dolce&gabbana mainline biiit less but still around 1500;

I still think you get more for the money with suitsupply than those 3 (and I REALLY don't like suitsupply), beside being made by Zegna or Belvest is not exacly like being made by Caruso or similar..

With the money you spend on gucci or prada you can get a waaaaaaaaaaaaay better suit(in here even bespoke,dunno in USA) , the fact that you are paying at least 50% of the price on a 1x2,5 inches label inside the jacket is IMHO a sufficient reason to despite them!

Artking3

Reaction score

I still think you get more for the money with suitsupply than those 3 (and I REALLY don't like suitsupply), beside being made by Zegna or Belvest is not exacly like being made by Caruso or similar..

I think most people agree Zegna and Belvest are better quality than Caruso.

totolino85

Reaction score
I think most people agree Zegna and Belvest are better quality than Caruso.
That's the beauty of democracy everyone is free to have his own opinion :)

I really think Caruso is better than Zegna expecially,anyway

By the way,I ment to ask , does anyone of you know who ralph lauren purple label uses in itay to make their suits?

jeff13007

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's the beauty of democracy everyone is free to have his own opinion :)

I really think Caruso is better than Zegna expecially,anyway

By the way,I ment to ask , does anyone of you know who ralph lauren purple label uses in itay to make their suits? 

I would put them around the same actually, and even if one were better than the other it would only be marginally better and still not a reason to rank it closer to Zara. As for your question regarding RLPL they used to use St Andrea (St Andrews) for purple label but there have been pictures of some made by Caruso and i remember reading in another thread that they stopped using St Andrews.

totolino85

Reaction score
I would put them around the same actually, and even if one were better than the other it would only be marginally better and still not a reason to rank it closer to Zara. As for your question regarding RLPL they used to use St Andrea (St Andrews) for purple label but there have been pictures of some made by Caruso and i remember reading in another thread that they stopped using St Andrews.
Ah thanks!
Cause this friend of mine who works in a high-end shop in my town told me that one of the company rlpl uses to make their suits in italy also make a line on their own wich is very similar and cost 1\4(he mentioned me st. Andrews but not Caruso, I will check it out).

Ps. How much would you pay for a winter RLPL suit in USA ? Cause I saw one I love in their shop in Milano but was like 5500 euro ... don't know you guys but with that money I rather have it made by rubinacci :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads