• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BR Leather Jacket, RM Williams Boots, & ES Fulton Jeans

Asch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Earnest Sewn Fulton, 31x31 Brand-new without tags (see this thread for photos). SOLD. I tried them on once, and the low rise (or the short fly) looks silly on me. Most on the forum find the Fulton's fit flattering, however. These jeans were purchased at Marshalls (original retail $230) and marked "First Quality" but are missing the top button, which can be added easily by a tailor. The denim is very dark with no distressing; I am assuming these are one-wash. The jeans measure as follows: waist = 16"; front rise = 9.5"; rear rise = 14"; leg opening (hem) = 8.4". - Copper button-fly - Crotch rivet - Hidden backpocket rivets - Selvage waistband - Half-selvage outseam - Selvage line on the beltloops/coin pocket - Super sturdy (chainstitched?) front pockets - Made in USA with Japanese (Osaka) denim These photos make the jeans look lighter and more blue than they are in reality (at least on my monitor). Banana Republic leather jacket, size S (fits like a Medium) I bought this new shortly before finding StyleForum a few months ago and never had the chance to wear it. It’s a great jacket, but once I began slimming down the rest of my wardrobe, I realized that it’s simply too large on me. Retail $495. SOLD. I will include the BR garment bag it came in. Measurements: 26.5” length from top of collar to bottom (back side) 22” width pit-to-pit 20” width at bottom Details: 1 interior pocket 2 exterior pockets with zippers Buttonholes on cuffs (see rear-view photo for two possible positions) RM Williams Boots, 8F (~8.5-9D American) SOLD. They are beautiful but just don't work with my current wardrobe. I tried them on once indoors on a carpeted surface; otherwise they have never been worn. These are the Wentworth in Brown Vesta on the B530 last, size 8F Australian, made-to-order. I suspect they would fit anyone who wears an 8.5D or 9D in Allen Edmonds Park Avenues. The max length is approximately 11 and 5/8 inches, while the max width is approximately 4 and 1/4 inches. The sole extends about a quarter inch past the upper at the front and not at all at the back. The sole extends about a quarter inch past either side of the upper at the widest point. This is your chance to get some top-quality RMW boots without the several-week wait. Everything you'd want to know about RMW, including detailed information about sizing, can be found here, thanks to Sator: RM Williams Boots The construction, by the way, for anyone interested, should be equivalent to that of the Craftsman. They are priced identically. These boots' last differs only in the toe shape, I believe. ***** Thanks for looking!
smile.gif

kbuzz

Reaction score
Good one doc. I thought the same. Darn just say you dont like em. I mean they go with anything...jean....pants etc.
RM williams fans this thread has been too quiet. How bout some pics....particulary wearing them

Asch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kbuzz, There should be pics of the boots visible -- perhaps ImageShack's server was down earlier? Doc,
smile.gif
I ordered two pairs of RMW boots: these and the Whiskey Craftsman. The Whiskey Craftsman, even with its rubber sole, is appropriate for fairly dressy occasions, and I'm very pleased with it. The one for sale above was intended for casual wear, with its more rounded toe and brown vesta leather, but its shape just doesn't work with the pants I wear casually, to my eye anyway. I think anyone who wears casual trousers or jeans with a slimmer hem -- or who simply possesses a different sense of aesthetics from mine -- would be happy with it.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Beautiful boots. Composite sole? Wish they were an 8.5. Someone should nab these.

Asch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good question -- yes, they are composite soles, as I hope is visible in the photographs.

What size do you wear in American shoes, Parker?

Asch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The "edit" function is not working, so here's a detail I wanted to add about the Fultons: Referencing this thread over at SuperFuture, these are apparently dry Fultons with the following features: - Copper button-fly - Crotch rivet - Hidden backpocket rivets - Selvage waistband - Half-selvage outseam - Selvage line on the beltloops/coin pocket - Super sturdy (chainstitched?) front pockets - Made in USA with Japanese (Osaka) denim

bpanicola

Reaction score
I know it is not an exact way of fitting, but can you post or PM me measurement of the sole of the boots at the widest point and longest point so I can compare to some of my other shoes. And if possible let me know how much the sole extends past the upper.

Thanks

Depending on the shoe I wear anything from an 8E to 8 1/2 D US.

Asch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
bpanicola,

Certainly. The max length is approximately 11 and 5/8 inches, while the max width is approximately 4 and 1/4 inches.

The sole extends about a quarter inch past the upper at the front and not at all at the back. The sole extends about a quarter inch past either side of the upper at the widest point.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads