• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bow ties from Spring to Summer

danielgaz

Reaction score
So...I had the crazy idea to wear a bow tie to work from March 20 to September 21. I have no idea why...I like the look of a bow tie and it's time to shake up the space at work. With that being said, I have some bow ties that would work, provided the right shirt/pant is worn, but I was wondering what colors/patterns would work for the remainder of my dress. I'm willing to buy 10 new bow ties (Tie Bar or Tiecoon), and welcome all comments or ideas.

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would mix them in rather than wearing them exclusively, but if you want to wear them exclusively, more power to ya.

And just treat the color and pattern matching like you would any other tie. You just need to cover a range of classic colors and patterns.

davidnmaker

Reaction score
Perhaps try a seersucker bow tie or those with brighter stripes/patterns. Use bright, but not glaring, colors, such as greens, pinks, blues, and perhaps yellows. It's possible to wear a bow tie fairly regularly and have it look good, if that's your intention, but variety is the spice of life. Recycle bow ties/looks too often and it quickly becomes stale.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads