• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bought Bvlgari 7 fold self-tipped tie. 55 bucks...good deal?

Holstein Bilter

Reaction score
7f64_1.JPG
I really like that color

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I dislike most Bulgari ties, and I don't love that one. But the quality of the silk and printing is probably the best there is, and the construction is top notch. So, yes, $55 is great deal.

Holstein Bilter

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
I dislike most Bulgari ties, and I don't love that one. But the quality of the silk and printing is probably the best there is, and the construction is top notch. So, yes, $55 is great deal.
What's a pattern that you like for your ties? I'm curious what other's favorites are.. Always good to expand my scope.. I have a couple zegna ties and am curious to compare the quality to them. Heard how great the Bvlgari's quality is..so looking forward to it. Ebay is awesome.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Shepherd's check is easily my favorite tie pattern. I have at least six of them, in silk, wool and linen.

dl20

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
marshalls was selling them for 35 a pop. They are 7-folds but dont have the hand of a quality 7 fold. They feel like BB standard ties.

DL

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dl20
marshalls was selling them for 35 a pop. They are 7-folds but dont have the hand of a quality 7 fold. They feel like BB standard ties.

DL

If they feel like BB ties, then either they are fake, or Bulgari makes some cut-rate line. The Bulgari gum twills they sell at the NY store are made from the best quality printed silk I have ever seen.

cvac

Reaction score
I think dl is trying to compare them to woven 7 fold ties. The silk woven 7 fold ties are made with is usually more luxurious than printed 7 fold ties. I've seen some Bulgari printed 7 folds, and the silk is way better quality than BB.

As long as that tie is real, it was a good deal. Haven't see any fake Bulgaris, YET.

dl20

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
If they feel like BB ties, then either they are fake, or Bulgari makes some cut-rate line. The Bulgari gum twills they sell at the NY store are made from the best quality printed silk I have ever seen.

I'd go with the second option. 7-fold ties for 35$ caught my eye and I spent a fair amount of time inspecting them. My first reaction was that they could not be real 7 folds because they felt very insubstantial compared to the 7 folds I own. When I looked at them from the back they were indeed true 7 folds but were not by any means memorable neckwear. If you are saying that the ties you have seen are the best quality silk you have come across, than the ties I saw were not them.

DL

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
I have seen a fair variety of Bulgari multi-fold ties:

1. I do not recall ever seeing a Bulgari seven-fold tie. The all were lined six-folds. The distinction is important because the way a Bulgari knots is very much a function of the lining...as it is in nearly all ties except true seven-folds.

2. The quality of the silk was always nice, with a nice hand.

3. The decorative design of the silks, however, has in each case been unfortunate. Each example that I have seen has been a print, and a print that I wish I had never seen. Others, particularly those who like Hermès, Leonard, or other figurative prints might differ.

4. But, the thing I dislike most of all about Bulgari ties is their shaping and lining. The shape is pregnant, literally...there is a flair that makes the tie rectangular. The width is wide. The lining is thick. It is like one is wearing a luxurious hippie diaper around one's neck...that is truly how it felt and looked when I knotted an example.

The combination of the obesity of construction and the billboard figurativeness of the prints makes a Bulgari tie a tie of no or narrow utility to me. At $55, one is two Bulgaris-at-discount away from a true, single bespoke tie from Mr. Hober, or a universe of more versatile ties on sale day in, day out from SF resellers.

I say take a pass.

- B

neyus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holstein Bilter
747d_1.JPG

How's this tie? I was thinking about this one too..

This one is much nicer than the first. I mean I dont mind the first tie you got. But I dont think it has the versatility of the second tie.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics