• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • The Uniform/LA Lennon Loose Fit jeans drop is now live! Check out both the light Palms and dark Lithium Both are made from premium Japanese right hand 3x1 denim in the USA,. Uniform/LA is know for premium materials and meticulous pattern making. Support a small business built on quality and integrity.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

borrelli suits

intfxdx

Reaction score
i found some borrelli suits on ebay, not a great deal (1400$) but i need a solid navy suit. i checked measurements but 38R, drop 7 has a chest of 42" (shoulder 18.25) which is too large for me. i have a 38.3" chest. do borrelli suits run larger ? anyone have an idea, should i go for a 36R which has 40" chest but pants waist are when "extended" just ok.
Maybe at that price i should take a RLBL for full price ? Thanks

604Coast

Reaction score
At that price you can look at Brioni, E Zegna, Oxxford, Isaia, etc. Borrelli's I'm sure are nice, but I don't know if they're really known for suits as much as they are for shirting and neckwear.

Wicky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by 604Coast
At that price you can look at Brioni, E Zegna, Oxxford, Isaia, etc. Borrelli's I'm sure are nice, but I don't know if they're really known for suits as much as they are for shirting and neckwear.

They are and they outclass all mentioned besides Brioni to which they are on par. Borrelli suits, generally, fit true to size if not slightly slim. A EU50 (US 40) typically has a 42 (maybe 43) inch chest.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All the Borrelli suits that I have seen - and I've seen a few, and I have one suit and one jacket by Borrelli - are very well made indeed.

Furthermore, they're all quite slim. My 54/44 jacket, for example, is more like a 52/42 and whilst the suit is just slightly more generous, it's still quite slim.

Of course, I assume that Borrelli, like pretty much all manufacturers, has a few different styles and perhaps the one that you are looking at is cut a bit more generously.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Journeyman
All the Borrelli suits that I have seen - and I've seen a few, and I have one suit and one jacket by Borrelli - are very well made indeed.

Furthermore, they're all quite slim. My 54/44 jacket, for example, is more like a 52/42 and whilst the suit is just slightly more generous, it's still quite slim.

Of course, I assume that Borrelli, like pretty much all manufacturers, has a few different styles and perhaps the one that you are looking at is cut a bit more generously.

By the way, if the eBay seller was "theworldsfinest", he's an excellent seller.
Ian Daniels is a member of SF and runs Shop the Finest (StF) - there is a link to the StF website at the top of this page. I think that he sometimes lists slightly different stuff on eBay and the StF website so it's worth looking at the stock on both.

intfxdx

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Journeyman
By the way, if the eBay seller was "theworldsfinest", he's an excellent seller.
Ian Daniels is a member of SF and runs Shop the Finest (StF) - there is a link to the StF website at the top of this page. I think that he sometimes lists slightly different stuff on eBay and the StF website so it's worth looking at the stock on both.

Thanks Journeyman, indeed it's theworldfinest, thanks also for remark i didn't know that he is also on SF ! i checked all suits on his shop but almost all of 38R borrelli has 42" chest and those 36R has 39.5-40" chest. that's where my confusion, i can't decide should i go for a 38 or 36.

Featured Sponsor

With US Luxury Spending Down 11%, Have You Also Cut Back?

• Yes, I’ve reduced my luxury spending.

• No, my luxury spending has stayed the same.

• No, I’ve actually increased my luxury spending.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmar