• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Borrelli buttons

demo5

Reaction score
Does anyone know where one can find the double thick mother of pearl buttons that are on Borrelli shirts? I do not mean the actual buttons which have "Borrelli" stamped on them, but double thick mother of pearl buttons of the same quality and clarity. I have found double thick MOP buttons, but never of the same quality.

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you search this site and Ask Andy? Buttons were actually discussed at least once before that I recall, perhaps 8 or 9 months ago. I think someone mentioned a website that carries lots of them, plus a store or two in NYC. I think there may have been a store on Madison Ave. that someone mentioned.

dorian

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind knowing of such stores, so if anyone finds the posts or has any information... please post.

Thanks.

banksmiranda

Reaction score
Borrelli's latest thick MOP button (with the notched top edge) which can be found on the center placket and cuffs is a Borrelli exclusive. The button Borrelli previously used, identical but without the ridges, is a button also used by a number of other makers.

demo5

Reaction score
Tender buttons was my first thought (they are the ones off Madison), but they don't carry anything as nice as the Borrelli. Banksmiranda, do you know of any stores, since you seem to know who uses them?

naturlaut

Reaction score
Can't exactly answer your question, as I can't find them myself. However, I am not even aiming for Borrelli buttons: where do you find decent shirt buttons? I just want to see more choices than ones that our tailors use. Do you buy them online, or specific specialty stores?

armscye

Reaction score
I've ordered various suit and shirt buttons from: http://www.honeybeebutton.com http://www.buttonshoppe.com http://www.ascuteasabutton.com Not cheap, but between the three sites I've found a lot of what I want, including corozo, horn, and MOP. The one button that eludes me is the thick, dished horn "Savile Row suit button" made, I believe, by Wain Sheill. Tender Buttons has them, but they do not have a website and don't seem to be eager to sell them by mail.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics