• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Boots seem to be the toughest thing for me to shop for....

fathergll

Reaction score
Anybody else have a problem with like that? I don't know why but buying a pair of boots that I truly like is always the biggest pain. Sneakers are easy, shoes are not to bad either. I usually end up seeing a pair of boots on someone that I really dig but I don't know where to get them.

Heres another example....Im browsing Macy's website and I come across a pair of boots that I really like. http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/...goryID=31779#fn=sp=1&spc=28&ruleId=5&slotId=8

Problem is the they are selling the damn jeans and not the boots. So I have no idea what they are.

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Post a budget and you'll get better responses.

omaertin

Reaction score
If you like brown, I personally love the Clarks Desert Boot Beeswax. Not pricey either.

Last edited:

fathergll

Reaction score

Id like to keep it under $200
If you like brown, I personally love the Clarks Desert Boot Beeswax. Not pricey either.
I looked that up...I like Brown but not a fan of that style Could anyone match a style close to the ones I posted above? This is my general problem. I see boots I like a lot but they are just pictures.

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like a black cap toe blucher. Alternatively, try calling/emailing customer service. They may be able to research the boot and tell you what it is.

slipperman

Reaction score

Anybody else have a problem with like that? I don't know why but buying a pair of boots that I truly like is always the biggest pain. Sneakers are easy, shoes are not to bad either. I usually end up seeing a pair of boots on someone that I really dig but I don't know where to get them.

I'm with you on this one. I really like the Clarks Mali Boot in brown. And love the Clarks x Supreme Mali Boot in burgundy, but those are nowhere to be found. I've been trying to find similar styles but no luck so far.

Send A Raven

Reaction score
The best thing to do if you see someone wearing a pair of boots you like is to ask where they got them from. Have you tried Red Wings? There are so many different style's of boot it depends what you are after really.

fathergll

Reaction score

The best thing to do if you see someone wearing a pair of boots you like is to ask where they got them from. Have you tried Red Wings?  There are so many different style's of boot it depends what you are after really.

The thing is it always a pair of boots either in a picture or video. Just like this example the boots I want are being worn by a guy modeling jeans. I looked at the red wings briefly. There was one pair that Iooked pretty cool. I agree there is so many styles and that's my problem... It like I can't find any for sale that I really like

fathergll

Reaction score

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do a search for military style cap toe boots. You'll get a number of hits.

fathergll

Reaction score

I'm with you on this one. I really like the Clarks Mali Boot in brown. And love the Clarks x Supreme Mali Boot in burgundy, but those are nowhere to be found. I've been trying to find similar styles but no luck so far.

Some pics of the x Supreme Mali look awesome...big fan the of front profile pic here

The side i dont like it as much as the front ...some pics angles look awesome, other decent(imo)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads