1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Boots seem to be the toughest thing for me to shop for....

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by fathergll, Feb 26, 2012.

1. fathergll

fathergll Well-Known Member

Anybody else have a problem with like that? I don't know why but buying a pair of boots that I truly like is always the biggest pain. Sneakers are easy, shoes are not to bad either. I usually end up seeing a pair of boots on someone that I really dig but I don't know where to get them.

Heres another example....Im browsing Macy's website and I come across a pair of boots that I really like. http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/...goryID=31779#fn=sp=1&spc=28&ruleId=5&slotId=8

Problem is the they are selling the damn jeans and not the boots. So I have no idea what they are.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. cptjeff

cptjeff Senior member

Post a budget and you'll get better responses.

3. omaertin

omaertin New Member

If you like brown, I personally love the Clarks Desert Boot Beeswax. Not pricey either.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  4. fathergll

Id like to keep it under $200
    I looked that up...I like Brown but not a fan of that style Could anyone match a style close to the ones I posted above? This is my general problem. I see boots I like a lot but they are just pictures.

5. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

Looks like a black cap toe blucher. Alternatively, try calling/emailing customer service. They may be able to research the boot and tell you what it is.

6. slipperman

slipperman Member

I'm with you on this one. I really like the Clarks Mali Boot in brown. And love the Clarks x Supreme Mali Boot in burgundy, but those are nowhere to be found. I've been trying to find similar styles but no luck so far.

7. fxthea

fxthea Member

8. GBR

GBR Senior member

9. Send A Raven

Send A Raven Active Member

The best thing to do if you see someone wearing a pair of boots you like is to ask where they got them from. Have you tried Red Wings? There are so many different style's of boot it depends what you are after really.

10. fathergll

The thing is it always a pair of boots either in a picture or video. Just like this example the boots I want are being worn by a guy modeling jeans. I looked at the red wings briefly. There was one pair that Iooked pretty cool. I agree there is so many styles and that's my problem... It like I can't find any for sale that I really like

11. slipperman

slipperman Member

damn those purdey's look nice

12. fathergll

13. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

Do a search for military style cap toe boots. You'll get a number of hits.

14. ToledoStyle

ToledoStyle Senior member

I've been looking for a nice black boot as well, no budget as long as they look great. I really like black nubuck or something dress/casual. Or if anyone has links that would be fantastic, haven't found anything on shoe mart, shoe buy, etc..

15. fathergll

Some pics of the x Supreme Mali look awesome...big fan the of front profile pic here

[​IMG]

The side i dont like it as much as the front ...some pics angles look awesome, other decent(imo)

[​IMG]

16. chet31

chet31 Senior member

Some brands you could look at: Allen Edmonds, Chippewa, Red Wing, Grenson, Loake, Mr. B's.

17. fathergll

Im searching that but not really getting anything that I really like. I can see some similarities no doubt from the pic I posted and them but i can't find anything yet

18. fathergll

Can you provide some links?

19. tropics

tropics Senior member

take a look at the alden thread and say cheerio to your credit card...!

20. slipperman

slipperman Member

seriously, go to leather soul's website i think they'll have what you're looking for. so expensive though T.T