• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NorthCoast

Reaction score
Alden captoe in #8 on the Grant last with commando soles

I have sold off my other Alden's and European boots. The AE lasts generally works best for my foot and have to go with what works for you.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Any recommendation on a pair of plain toe chukka boots? Comfortable out of the box would be great or even preworn. Brands, styles
So many awesome boots on this forum. I'd be interested in a preworn pair
1f609.png

size??

Rider Boot Co has a couple of style on sale

https://riderboot.com/product-category/sale-items/

Last edited:

Buster Brown

Reaction score
Wow @Cold Iron, that's one of the best collections I've seen posted! AE really needs to bring back the Bayfield. Especially with the Bleecker Street being retired. There's a definite gap between the First Avenue and the Dalton.
Lot of old timers in this thread, been awhile for me. Some new too which is good.
Russell Moccasin. I had them build my Grand Slam Sheep Hunters extra tall for the wet woods of Mn. and pothole region of SD. Also extra leather on the toe cap which is the area that wears out first for me from busting through brush during bird season. Couple of pairs of Meindl Perfekt boots in the center. The rest of the world knows Meindl as a great boot but for what ever reason Cabela's has exclusive distribution in North America. Have gone to Crispi for my main hunting boot last year. With degenerative arthritis in my left foot the Ankle Stabilizing System in them works, and works well. Need to return the GTX guide and get the next size up like the taller HTX that I wore bird hunting last year. One of the most expensive hunting boots out there but worth every penny. They work. Wolverine 744 LTD Shell Red Wing Beckman Wolverine Krause in Dublin leather
AE Bayfield. I own them in CXL, black calf and cappuccino shell
5 AE Dundees in all the flavors of shell that AE has offered in recent years. Burgundy, Black, Walnut, Brown, and Cappuccino AE suede Katami Walnut Shell Daltons Alden captoe in #8 on the Grant last with commando soles I have sold off my other Alden's and European boots. The AE lasts generally works best for my foot and have to go with what works for you.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for all the suggestions. The St. C MTO looks to be around $1600, and I was really thinking if I am going to spend $800 I would just double it and get them. Anyone have any experience with RM Williams Chelsea boots? The ones with leather soles look good enough to wear with a suit, but I have not heard much about the brand. I am going to check out Santoni.

RM Williams makes very good Chelsea boots. Good to wear right out of box.

berto

Reaction score
More

103f51246d9ec6694d27fb978dd5ee7f.jpg

Wearing VASS Highlander boots, my feeling is the same that wearing C&J Northcote.

Lasts 348 and F are similar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads