• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fenners81

Reaction score
My wife insists that I don't need the scotch grain Islay as I already have the roughout, but you have clearly highlighted the necessity.

Fenners81

Reaction score
I like Smartwool's everyday crew socks in the light cushion option.
Luckily my local hiking shop stocks these so I picked some up yesterday. A bit more than I would typically spend on socks, but exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for the tip.

Last edited:

WS19

Reaction score
Luckily my local outdoor shop stocks these so I picked some up yesterday. A bit more than I would typically spend on socks, but exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for the tip.
Glad to hear that! Yeah they're not particularly cheap, but mine are holding up well. They won't ship to Australia so I have to get them through a relative in NYC.

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My wife insists that I don't need the scotch grain Islay as I already have the roughout, but you have clearly highlighted the necessity.
Happy to help :)

Hurlazza4

Reaction score
Glad to hear that! Yeah they're not particularly cheap, but mine are holding up well. They won't ship to Australia so I have to get them through a relative in NYC.

WS19

Reaction score
Thanks, yes I know that site, but their Smartwool men's range is very limited for what I'm after. North Face have them too, but they lean towards the much thicker hiking models.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Green waxed Islay GMTO..

IMG_6694.jpeg

lurker33

Reaction score
Well done. How do you like the 375 last? I'm due a pair of side zips on that last in the next couple of weeks.
From the little i wore it so far, i like it better than 363mod.
Asked for extra width (as i do on 363 mod). Overall it feels more roomy and voluminous, especially at the ball of the foot i have more space, my big toe also has a bit more space.
Instep feels basically identical (same pattern on both lasts).
Heel fit i can't say because this one is unlined and doesn't have a heel stiffener.
As for the shape, its quite round, closest comparison i have is EG 64, but more anatomical, a bigger drop off at the end of the toe and slightly higher. Great casual last imo, still have to try 173.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From the little i wore it so far, i like it better than 363mod.
Asked for extra width (as i do on 363 mod). Overall it feels more roomy and voluminous, especially at the ball of the foot i have more space, my big toe also has a bit more space.
Instep feels basically identical (same pattern on both lasts).
Heel fit i can't say because this one is unlined and doesn't have a heel stiffener.
As for the shape, its quite round, closest comparison i have is EG 64, but more anatomical, a bigger drop off at the end of the toe and slightly higher. Great casual last imo, still have to try 173.
Super helpful description, thanks. It was between this and the 173 on my side zip and I ultimately picked the 375. I'll post pics when they get here.

acconrad

Reaction score
Anyone have the JL Romsey or Romsey II? They look similar to the St Crispin chukka last, curious how people like them or anything to be aware of.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads