"bone" colored suede shoes: what to wear with them

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Alias, Feb 12, 2004.

1. Alias

Alias Senior member

I recently scored a pair of bone-colored suede Ferragamos off of eBay (40 bux lol) and I'm running through some ideas of what to pair them with. (By "bone" I mean sort of off-white: not quite tan, but whiter than that.)

I'll probably slog around in them with jeans, but they look too nice for that. Perhaps a lightweight, summer suit?

Any help from the sartorial masterminds who frequent these boards would be greatly appreciated.

2. PeterMetro

PeterMetro Senior member

I think you mentioned on a previous post that you have a seersucker suit. Well I can think of nothing better to wear with it than the shoes you describe.

Obviously, these are summer shoes. I'd think that anything in that vein - khakis, linen pants, linen suits, etc - would work well.

40 dollar 'gamos? Were they new? Why can't I find deals on eBay like that?

3. Alias

Alias Senior member

Well, they certainly looked new, but at that price, I'm not going to complain about some wear at the sole. They were 7.5 D. Just my size [​IMG] And this is the first good shoe deal I got on eBay. With my foot size, it's extremely hard to find anything besides the usual garbage people post on there. I don't own a seersucker suit, I just sorta asked about getting one. I was thinking about getting a linen one for the summer; perhaps these shoes would go with that quite nicely.