• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"bone" colored suede shoes: what to wear with them

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently scored a pair of bone-colored suede Ferragamos off of eBay (40 bux lol) and I'm running through some ideas of what to pair them with. (By "bone" I mean sort of off-white: not quite tan, but whiter than that.)

I'll probably slog around in them with jeans, but they look too nice for that. Perhaps a lightweight, summer suit?

Any help from the sartorial masterminds who frequent these boards would be greatly appreciated.

PeterMetro

Reaction score
I think you mentioned on a previous post that you have a seersucker suit. Well I can think of nothing better to wear with it than the shoes you describe.

Obviously, these are summer shoes. I'd think that anything in that vein - khakis, linen pants, linen suits, etc - would work well.

40 dollar 'gamos? Were they new? Why can't I find deals on eBay like that?

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, they certainly looked new, but at that price, I'm not going to complain about some wear at the sole. They were 7.5 D. Just my size
biggrin.gif
And this is the first good shoe deal I got on eBay. With my foot size, it's extremely hard to find anything besides the usual garbage people post on there. I don't own a seersucker suit, I just sorta asked about getting one. I was thinking about getting a linen one for the summer; perhaps these shoes would go with that quite nicely.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads