• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bond style update

Neo1824

Reaction score
Sorry if I wasn't clear...I meant that I had only heard of them being in black for the movie. I actually have them myself in dark brown suede!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

alebrady

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo1824
Sorry if I wasn't clear...I meant that I had only heard of them being in black for the movie. I actually have them myself in dark brown suede!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

actually, subsequent to my post, i have heard that the luffields were the model shoe worn in the first arrival scene in the bahamas (which looked like dark brown suede). its definitely a suede shoe, its just hard to tell if it was a boot (in which case i would guess they were romseys)

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Luffield is a 2 eyelet derby and the Becketts is a 4 eyelet oxford.....
I do know that they have used both models but regarding the ankle boots , i can ask the manager of the Jermyn street shop.................

alebrady

Reaction score
my understanding was that lobb supplied becketts, luffields, and romsey boots. i know the luffields and romsey were used but am uncertain if the becketts were actually used in any scenes and am not sure what version the suede shoes are.

neo - its interesting you thought suede ankle boot in that bahamas scene - when he was tying his shoe there i thought luffield
smile.gif

Neo1824

Reaction score
I thought the shoes looked good with the suit so I..sigh..paused it to take a closer look. I think I have a problem!
smile.gif

jml90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by alebrady
thanks neo- actually, i have seen some of the segna pants and they are nice, however, as you note i have never seen them in any type of boot cut. the pocket styling and material is what i am looking for. anyone have ideas on where else i should be looking?

They were Ted Baker.

I think the Becketts may have have been used at the end.

alebrady

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jml90
They were Ted Baker.

i also have problems so i was studying stills of the last scene - they are definitely not an oxford so either the luffields or romsey

jml90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i also have problems so i was studying stills of the last scene - they are definitely not an oxford so either the luffields or romsey

After reviewing the play on the film the call of Becketts is overturned.

My guess then would be when they first get to Montenegro

alebrady

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jml90
They were Ted Baker.

jml,

i know the the trousers where he gambles in the bahamas and the airport bomb scenes are ted baker, however, i did not think the light tan colored pants in the bahamas scene with M (where he wears the sunspel blue polo) were ted baker - are you pretty sure?

thanks

offline100

Reaction score
the sunspel blue polo

I just rewatched this movie and noticed that the polo isn't quite as form fitting on the lad as one might think on first glance. Actually, Bond cinched it in the back -- with what? With his pistol, stuck into the rear of his waist!

jml90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
jml,

i know the the trousers where he gambles in the bahamas and the airport bomb scenes are ted baker, however, i did not think the light tan colored pants in the bahamas scene with M (where he wears the sunspel blue polo) were ted baker - are you pretty sure?

thanks

Those were actually the ones I thought you were talking about.

Though I'm a bit tired of the bitching about removal of the jacket during the game. C'mon he just had a heart attack!

alebrady

Reaction score
sorry for being dense - but youre saying the 5 pocket pants when he gets off the helicopter, gets the gps implant in his arm, etc are, indeed, ted baker? i havent seen them at ted baker (though by this point, the model would be old) - i cant really find anything like them with that cut anywhere

jml90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sorry for being dense - but youre saying the 5 pocket pants when he gets off the helicopter, gets the gps implant in his arm, etc are, indeed, ted baker? i havent seen them at ted baker (though by this point, the model would be old) - i cant really find anything like them with that cut anywhere

No, I'm not sure, but they're either Brioni or Baker.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads