• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Boardwalk Empire

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Van Alden is linked in "real history" with bringing Nucky down. I wonder how loose HBO will get with his character.
Jimmy in "history" was of no importance.
I am still sad about Angela. She was HOT!

I agree, Tara is an annoying **** and needs to die.

SharpDressedMan

Reaction score
Damnit, I really waited for ten whole episodes in hopes of those blasted writers to come up with interesting material and to expand on sidekick characters. Instead of more background on and acting from Chalky, Agent Van Alden, Capone and Harrow, I'm served long-winded wheezing conversations with Nucky and the Mrs and Jimmy and the Mrs -- and on top of this all, the constant irritating line 'What about the cheldren?' or, better yet, 'But what about the cheel-dren?' The new guy, Purnsley, is almost as enticing as Chalky, but no, we don't get many scenes with him. More lesbians, more talk and more cheldren for us. To say I'm disappointed with this flat belly jump of a season is modest to the full.
Such waste!
I couldn't agree more with you dude. I would have really enjoyed seeing more of Meyer Lansky and Lucky Lucciano.

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree that the show can be frustrating. They are trying to make this a show for a wider demographic, but are any women watching this because they are enchanted by watching Margaret furrow her brow or Jimmy's wife make that wan expression? I don't see it. Not to mention that Buscemi and whatshername have no chemistry at all. Frankly, Buscemi (as much as I love the guy) is miscast. He's a great character actor, not a lead. He should be playing the brains of the operation, not the face. He's not convincing in the politician role and it hurts the show a lot.

Pitt is good and much more convincing badass than I would have expected from a guy that I always thought of as a bargain basement DiCaprio. But the best performances are by guys like Stephen Graham and Michael Kenneth Williams who get a scene every 5 episodes if we're lucky. Actually, Michael Shannon is pretty good this season. I thought the character and the acting were cartoonish in the first season but both have humanized a lot, to the point that I actually want to see what happens next in his story as much as I do in Jimmy's story.

boogaboogabooga

Reaction score

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man. Bummer.

boogaboogabooga

Reaction score

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Loved it, but sad to see him go.

Did anyone notice that Van Alden moved to Cicero, which is in Al Capone's area?

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
he was mostly why i watch the show, didn't see that coming

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

he was mostly why i watch the show, didn't see that coming

I'll admit that I didn't see it coming either but he's a god awful actor. Nucky is, and has always been, the main draw there.

Philip

Reaction score
Just to make sure, despite Nucky's advice for his brother, he still knows what Darmody told him about his brother giving the order to kill Nucky was true right? He only killed Jimmy because a betrayal was still a betrayal?

And i guess next season will have a lot more Margaret.

Last edited:

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Just to make sure, despite Nucky's advice for his brother, he still knows what Darmody told him about his brother giving the order to kill Nucky was true right? He only killed Jimmy because a betrayal was still a betrayal?
And i guess next season will have a lot more Margaret.

Honestly, what's the point of next season? All the tension just went right out of this series.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads