Boardwalk Empire

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Jekyll, Aug 8, 2010.

1. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Now that his wife is dead? That sounds about right.

2. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

I bet Richard goes on a rampage as a result of her death and Jimmy falling apart.

3. boogaboogabooga

boogaboogabooga Senior member

That would be... SO FUCKING AWESOME!!!!!:slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer:

4. VRaivio

VRaivio Senior member

Damnit, I really waited for ten whole episodes in hopes of those blasted writers to come up with interesting material and to expand on sidekick characters. Instead of more background on and acting from Chalky, Agent Van Alden, Capone and Harrow, I'm served long-winded wheezing conversations with Nucky and the Mrs and Jimmy and the Mrs -- and on top of this all, the constant irritating line 'What about the cheldren?' or, better yet, 'But what about the cheel-dren?' The new guy, Purnsley, is almost as enticing as Chalky, but no, we don't get many scenes with him. More lesbians, more talk and more cheldren for us. To say I'm disappointed with this flat belly jump of a season is modest to the full.

Such waste!

5. steviecakes

steviecakes Senior member

What has been seen cannot be unseen. I knew in the back of my head it was going to happen but I didn't want to believe it. What. The. Fuck.

6. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Shit just got awkward.

7. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

God that was an awful episode.

Finale prediction:

I think Piob's going to be proven right here. Now that the Commodore's out of the picture Jimmy's going to step up and save Nucky. Possibly by killing Margaret, although I'm not quite sold on that angle yet.

8. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    What a bizarre episode. I kinda agree with Rambo.

9. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

I think he pins everything on the Com. I think he saves Nucky but doesn't "team up" with him and I don't think he's going to kill anyone except the Jewish butcher.

10. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

What just happened. Weird episode. Not sure I understand all the Jimmy scenes. Reminds me of the Sopranos episode where Tony was in a dream the whole time. Felt like the writers made 11.5 episodes and created .5 show of nonsense. probably needs another watch to fully grasp.

11. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

The cardigan Jimmy was wearing during the classroom scene was tits.

12. i10casual

i10casual Senior member

I agree,very nice cardigan. I thought it was a great episode aside from the incest. What do I care about side characters. I watch it for Nucky and the trainspotting chic. I enjoyed the suits this week and the low key dialog after the stressful weekend I had. Thank god I recorded it so I could fast forward that horrid scene. What the crap was that? I was just sitting there thinking to myself, oh..oh no...oh gross..FFW...I hate his mother almost as much as I the my motherinlaw.

I love that the prohibition cop freaked and and fled. I hope he bangs the baby sitter before he flees town.

13. Willie5566

Willie5566 Senior member

I struggled last night coming up with comments for the show but you nailed it for me. I watched the scene with one eye open and then hated myself for it afterward.

Yea that was pretty bad. I was lost through most of the Jimmy scenes until I realized it was a flashback. Early in the show I thought he was just pretending to be a student there so he could offload some liqueur on some school kids. All that did was answer some insignificant questions about Jimmy leaving school and going into he military. Oh and confirm the whole incest thing. There's nothing wrong with it! There's nothing wrong with it!!

Jimmy's mom is pretty fucked in the head. The incest was bad but how does she not realize that his wife's death was going to bother him? Instead, she is too worried about their alibi which she found out will get you choked out pretty quick.

I thought Richard (half face) was going to smear the blood from the floor on his lips or some twisted shit like that.

This show has got to pick up soon. I feel vested right now but I cannot take too many more episodes like this.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2011

14. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

BTW, can we now say that Jimmy is a bad motherfucker? :embar:

15. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

i was trying to think of the purpose of the flashbacks.

the common theme in each scene was that Jimmy fucked up and "Nucky was going to fix it" per Jimmy's mom. Maybe in the season finale, it's Jimmy's time to save Nucky.