• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

  • Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 4: Goodyear welted shoes from Cobbler Union

    We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

    The 4th auction is for a pair of Goodyear welted Shoes from Cobbler Union. Please bid often and generously here

    Fok and the Styleforum Team.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

BNWT Ann Demeulemeester "shrunken" blue blazer w/ surgeon cuffs (size S)

LeRoi

Active Member
Joined
Sep 15, 2006
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
I bought this great blue Ann Demeulemeester blazer but I mistakenly assumed that because they fit super-tightly on the runway, the blazer would fit that way on me. I now realize that I should have gotten an XS for that effect (I usually wear a 34, so it was an error in judgment), but now all I have is a quite nice blazer, although it's just not something I need right now; I'd rather make back a bit of my money and use that towards the look I was originally going for. And while it's not as tight for me as I expected, it may be tight for you; it fits like a 36, very similarly to Dior's sizing. The blazer is cropped, and has very faint darts on the front. It has surgeon cuffs as you can see in the pictures. It's an obviously Ann Demeulemeester look, and actually reminds me of Martin Margiela as well. Here's a brief overview of the item: Condition: Never worn, new with tags, no imperfections Size: S (36) Material: 72% cotton/26% acetate/2% spandex (it's intended to be worn tight, so the material was made to sustain that without looking ridiculous) Colour: it was called "dusty blue" but it's pretty much just blue Season: S/S 06, but this same design has made it through all the way to S/S 07 Made in Italy Original Cost: $1150 Price: $400 shipped, or best offer
correct colour, but is 2-button, like the following:
 

LeRoi

Active Member
Joined
Sep 15, 2006
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
here's some pics of the actual item:
 

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
16,909
Reaction score
2,998
Leroi, May I ask how old you are. It's obviously very stylish, but seems designed for a very young market.
 

LeRoi

Active Member
Joined
Sep 15, 2006
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
are you saying I seem too old or too young? you lost me.
 

Jared

Distinguished Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2006
Messages
1,635
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by rnoldh
Leroi, May I ask how old you are. It's obviously very stylish, but seems designed for a very young market.
I was rather surprised that this popped up on SF and I'd be even more surprised if a buyer appeared. That being said, I really appreciate the fact that you offered it here, LeRoi: I know there are at least a couple of readers (including myself) who wish we could afford this sort of thing. Unfortunately if we ended up here, it's because we're focused on style over fashion.
 

LeRoi

Active Member
Joined
Sep 15, 2006
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
Wow. I'm going to say, you're quite right. I don't know, I guess it's because I haven't been here that long, but I haven't really noticed how little of an influence actual fashion has here. It's all about fashion, and this site is actually quite conservative in nature -- it's more about the rules than anything else. Very interesting, I must say. Well, if anyone wants it, it's still most definitely up for grabs -- PM me an offer if you'd like. But I think you're right; there's not much of an audience for high-fashion here; I mean I have seen Cloak and DH items go here quite quickly, but Ann Dem (and similar designers like Dries, Margiela, Raf, Number (N)ine, et al) are not exactly the most mainstream or accessible.
 

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Staff member
Admin
Moderator
Joined
Mar 8, 2002
Messages
44,857
Reaction score
18,231
Originally Posted by LeRoi
Wow. I'm going to say, you're quite right. I don't know, I guess it's because I haven't been here that long, but I haven't really noticed how little of an influence actual fashion has here. It's all about fashion, and this site is actually quite conservative in nature -- it's more about the rules than anything else. Very interesting, I must say. Well, if anyone wants it, it's still most definitely up for grabs -- PM me an offer if you'd like. But I think you're right; there's not much of an audience for high-fashion here; I mean I have seen Cloak and DH items go here quite quickly, but Ann Dem (and similar designers like Dries, Margiela, Raf, Number (N)ine, et al) are not exactly the most mainstream or accessible.

Actually, there is quite an audience for the designers in the "Streetwear" and Denim section. Ann Demeulemeester is a little more avant garde than most people like to go, but Dries van Noten and Martin Margiela (two of my favorite designers) are actually very popular here. Raf Simons I think is highly overrated, a one trick pony, and most Number (N)ine is just plain ugly in my opinion. Sorry, his collectins are coherently ugly


That said, there are essentially two demographics on the forum. A more conservative crowd, as you said, and a younger demographic interested primarily in diffusion brands and specialty denim brands - Rag & Bone, Engineered Garments, Wings & Horns, etc...
 

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
16,909
Reaction score
2,998
Originally Posted by LeRoi
are you saying I seem too old or too young? you lost me.
What I meant is that it's a nice fashion forward coat. I can't see it working though for a size 44R, 50 year old as myself!

So I was wondering if you were relatively young, which would sort of affirm my idea. I have no interest in your specific age. And I realize a 70 year old man could buy one.

But I think it's a great coat for a younger man. I myself am most partial to a very boring 2 button, double vented, solid Navy Blazer as my primary go to coat. I don't think that would be the primary choice in a coat among those in their 20's!
 

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2004
Messages
9,464
Reaction score
18
I for one will not wear last season!
 

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Joined
Dec 20, 2004
Messages
26,534
Reaction score
12,595
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Actually, there is quite an audience for the designers in the "Streetwear" and Denim section. Ann Demeulemeester is a little more avant garde than most people like to go, but Dries van Noten and Martin Margiela (two of my favorite designers) are actually very popular here. Raf Simons I think is highly overrated, a one trick pony, and most Number (N)ine is just plain ugly in my opinion. Sorry, his collectins are coherently ugly


That said, there are essentially two demographics on the forum. A more conservative crowd, as you said, and a younger demographic interested primarily in diffusion brands and specialty denim brands - Rag & Bone, Engineered Garments, Wings & Horns, etc...


I do think we have a few Ann D fans in here, including myself, but I do agree it's a minority, especially compared to say the EG or Wings & Horns fans. I must say I was tempted to get that blazer myself...
 

xcoldricex

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2004
Messages
673
Reaction score
2
that is a bright blue.... haha.

you'd be better off listing it at stylezeitgeist.com - the people that like ann dem that are on here are over there plus some.
 

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Joined
Dec 20, 2004
Messages
26,534
Reaction score
12,595
Originally Posted by xcoldricex
that is a bright blue.... haha.

you'd be better off listing it at stylezeitgeist.com - the people that like ann dem that are on here are over there plus some.


Very true...as for the sizing since Demeulemeester varies (i.e. I'm sometimes a small sometimes an x-small) I would advise putting up measurements (chest, shoulders, bottom of colar to bottom of jacket) taken while laying flat (the jacket not you
)
 

LeRoi

Active Member
Joined
Sep 15, 2006
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
sorry, i don't know why i never posted the measurements. here they are:

armpit to armpit = 19", shoulder seam to shoulder seam = 17", sleeves = 27", total length = 32"
 

LeRoi

Active Member
Joined
Sep 15, 2006
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
sorry, hate to do this, but bumping this back up.
 

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

  • 1 - 4

    Votes: 25 3.3%
  • 5 - 10

    Votes: 129 17.2%
  • 11 - 20

    Votes: 241 32.1%
  • 21 - 30

    Votes: 118 15.7%
  • 31 - 40

    Votes: 68 9.1%
  • 41 - 50

    Votes: 47 6.3%
  • 51 - 60

    Votes: 23 3.1%
  • 61 - 70

    Votes: 21 2.8%
  • 71 - 80

    Votes: 16 2.1%
  • 81 - 90

    Votes: 7 0.9%
  • 91 - 100

    Votes: 7 0.9%
  • 100+

    Votes: 48 6.4%

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
428,678
Messages
9,222,072
Members
193,598
Latest member
usurvmhari
Top