• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bigger sizes

Memphis

Reaction score
In my youth I was a lot larger than I am today. Even weighing in at 335lbs (at that time a 54" waist). I still remained stylish. I found the best way to find jeans in those days were to resort to the more urban brands such as Enyce and Ecko. Some of the stuff is off the wall but others were very tasteful.

minimalist

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stylin-1
Not that much stronger. I honestly think most guys with a 47" waist don't care how they dress, thus there's no market for high end jeans in that size.

'lulz' Hence my brother has a slightly different taste from me ("You could have gone with a slightly less gay jacket, you know...") he cares pretty much
smile.gif
I think maybe the opposit could be true: It's hard to care about how you dress if there isn't really that much to choose from
confused.gif

minimalist

Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
Yeah, that's way above average Wal Mart shopper size. If you want something nice, I think your best bet would be to go to one of the custom programs - ES, that new Crate thing, maybe Ande Whall? not sure... there are a few.

'sigh' I seem to be unable to find anything like that... when I do a google search I do not come up with anything useful
frown.gif

minimalist

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Memphis
In my youth I was a lot larger than I am today. Even weighing in at 335lbs (at that time a 54" waist). I still remained stylish. I found the best way to find jeans in those days were to resort to the more urban brands such as Enyce and Ecko. Some of the stuff is off the wall but others were very tasteful.

Ecko is some kind of skater or hip-hop brand, isn't it? Maybe I will also look fore something like that... I usually do not like stuff like that, but if I find even one decent piece - why not?
smile.gif
Thanks for the suggestions so far people
smile.gif
Any other suggestion will be highly appreciated!
smile.gif

the etruscan

Reaction score
I don't know your budget, but the Stronghold in Los Angeles will make jeans to measure (either off self measurement or based on a pair of jeans you send in) out of any of their denims and they carry a ton of denims. I think they offer washes/distressing on their MTM jeans as well. Be warned though, you pay for that. Course, with the dollar as it is now, I doubt it will matter to you.

EDIT: And, yeah, 47" is quite large even for middle America, but I feel your brother's pain a bit. All fashion brands appear to think that all people have VERY NARROW SHOULDERS. Come on R&B make an XL with 2 more inches in the shoulders!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads