• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Beware: Poor H.N. White London customer service

Camerashy

Reaction score
A threat of a chargeback worked straight away for me
?? does this action affect their credit rating or some other monetary system as it has worked a few times for me with different suppliers

3dfx

Reaction score
I filed a chargeback, without any threats. In my opinion he should response to customers e-mails without me needing to threat them with anything. In the e-mails I sent to him, I told him the exact date I would need the ordered goods but still no answer about whats going on with my order and when he is shipping it next time (or has he already shipped my order).

If he don't react to my e-mails with anything (not even with robot message saying we are on holiday or we are having this or that) or inform me whats going on, why should I inform him what I am going to do. If I am curious enough, I could send him a message saying I filed a chargeback, and see does this make any reaction.

I would like to have a full refund, this has left such a bad taste in my mouth so I don't wat to wear their garments anymore.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would follow the advice and e-mail the person before you take the nuclear option of a charge back.

Fantastic Mr Foxx

Reaction score
I would follow the advice and e-mail the person before you take the nuclear option of a charge back.

I have already filed for a chargeback. Reading other people’s comments and experiences about his services is enough to take action and frankly (after messaging him multiple times) I don’t want to wait for a long time before getting my order or my money back. Better safe than sorry. And needless to say, this is the last time I will order anything from him.

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Harry is a one-person operation and who knows what is going on in a person's life, especially during these times? I have always found Harry to be responsive and his customer service to be above and beyond whatever might reasonably be expected. His ties are superb (indeed, I rarely wear any other brand these days) and beautifully made. I have had and will continue to have no hesitation in ordering ties from HN White.

Fantastic Mr Foxx

Reaction score
Harry is a one-person operation and who knows what is going on in a person's life, especially during these times? I have always found Harry to be responsive and his customer service to be above and beyond whatever might reasonably be expected. His ties are superb (indeed, I rarely wear any other brand these days) and beautifully made. I have had and will continue to have no hesitation in ordering ties from HN White.

I understand your love for his products. They’re good, but don’t you think it is strange- and even disrespectful- that he treats his customers like this? Would you be happy to be treated like this by another vendor?

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A couple of years ago I ordered a tie. It took forever to process the order, longer to receive it, and all along the way multiple emails were ignored.
The tie itself was pretty but it fell apart within a year despite light use.

I’m now of the view if Hober doesn’t have it, I don’t need it.

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I understand your love for his products. They’re good, but don’t you think it is strange- and even disrespectful- that he treats his customers like this? Would you be happy to be treated like this by another vendor?
I might if that were my experience, but it isn't. In my experience, Harry is very responsive, very customer-focused.

3dfx

Reaction score
I have already filed for a chargeback. Reading other people’s comments and experiences about his services is enough to take action and frankly (after messaging him multiple times) I don’t want to wait for a long time before getting my order or my money back. Better safe than sorry. And needless to say, this is the last time I will order anything from him.
My saga with Harry continues...

I filed a chargeback and sent Harry an e-mail that I have now done so. About after one and half hour Harry sent me his apologies (never answered me before) and told me he could send me the parcel in the monday via DHL so I could get it on time. I accepted his apologies and told him that I will put my chargeback request on hold. I sent new e-mail to Harry in tuesday. I asked has he sent my parcel and could I have the tracking number? No answers.

I think I will send him my last warning tomorrow and file a new chargeback if Harry does not answer or does not send me refund.

3dfx

Reaction score
I must disagree with that kind of defending.

In my opinion, if Harry can not deliver the goods I have ordered, I think he should contact me and explain his situation. Not just ignore me. Ignoring will make things look suspicious, why he is not answering? Is this a scam?

It might be that he has some personal problems, health issues or something like that and it would be easier to understand his level of customer service. But now he does not leave me any other choise than file a new chargeback...

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just call him up. Can't be difficult to find his #?

Fantastic Mr Foxx

Reaction score
A couple of years ago I ordered a tie. It took forever to process the order, longer to receive it, and all along the way multiple emails were ignored.
The tie itself was pretty but it fell apart within a year despite light use.

I’m now of the view if Hober doesn’t have it, I don’t need it.

Well, apparently it’s a habit! As a one-person operation, I can understand that it can be a bit challenging to be “on top of things”, but it’s not fair of Harry to ignore customers after they’ve payed and placed an order for items on his online store.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not to derail, but this is a great tie:

1632940496067.png

Fantastic Mr Foxx

Reaction score
My saga with Harry continues...

I filed a chargeback and sent Harry an e-mail that I have now done so. About after one and half hour Harry sent me his apologies (never answered me before) and told me he could send me the parcel in the monday via DHL so I could get it on time. I accepted his apologies and told him that I will put my chargeback request on hold. I sent new e-mail to Harry in tuesday. I asked has he sent my parcel and could I have the tracking number? No answers.

I think I will send him my last warning tomorrow and file a new chargeback if Harry does not answer or does not send me refund.

He offered to send me the items through DHL as well, after I received a confirmation from the credit card company about them starting an investigation. I think it’s better to have my credit card company handle it than to negotiate things with Harry. I don’t have the patience anymore for that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads