• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best watches around $3000?

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Before buying used, see what an autorized deale will do for you. With few exceptions, the msrp is not the price on most high-end watches. Usually you can get anywhere between 10-30% off. At your price point, I happen to love the IWC Mark XV. Fantastic piece, very understated, and can be dressed up or down better than pretty much any other watch.

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brad
That's sound advice. After I initially posed the question I looked around Timezone and realized how little I actually know.

What do you all think about this: http://forums.timezone.com/index.php...=3043591&rid=0

I hate you. That watch is one of my dream pieces, but alas, I cannot afford the cheddar right now.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brad
That's sound advice. After I initially posed the question I looked around Timezone and realized how little I actually know.

What do you all think about this: http://forums.timezone.com/index.php...=3043591&rid=0

That is a sublime piece, one that will certainly at least hold its value in the future (if that's important to you...it would not be a consideration for me, but that's just me). If you can afford such a beautiful and well made piece, get it, and ignore those who decry such pieces by pointing out the movement isn't "in-house" -- hey, it's JLC...how much better could it be??

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
I've seen several mint condition White Gold Rolex Datejusts on consignment in the $3K range. Very good value at that price.

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kolecho
Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso handwind, stainless steel. Your budget should be close.

Is there any other?
worship.gif

Regards.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
I've seen several mint condition White Gold Rolex Datejusts on consignment in the $3K range. Very good value at that price.

You must be talking about stainless with a WG bezel. The gold alone on a white gold model would be worth more than 3k. Also, I don't believe the DJ for mens comes in WG, only SS/TT/YG, and the only mens watches Rolex does in WG (or has for some time) is the DD and Daytona.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
They make WG bezel Datejusts.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
They make WG bezel Datejusts.

Exactly, that's what I said. What they don't make is a WG DJ (as in case, bracelet, the works). Actually, my favorite DJ currently is the ToG in SS/WG bezel.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DGP
You must be talking about stainless with a WG bezel. The gold alone on a white gold model would be worth more than 3k. Also, I don't believe the DJ for mens comes in WG, only SS/TT/YG, and the only mens watches Rolex does in WG (or has for some time) is the DD and Daytona.

They were Stainless with White Gold inserts on a jubilee bracelet. I've seen two.

Jon Brozek at QualityTime has one for sale last I checked. He wrote one of the books on the brand. I've also met him and he's very trustworthy and professional.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
They were Stainless with White Gold inserts on a jubilee bracelet. I've seen two.

Jon Brozek at QualityTime has one for sale last I checked. He wrote one of the books on the brand. I've also met him and he's very trustworthy and professional.

You talking about the TOG? That's the way the old one was, but I believe the new one has a one-piece bezel that's all WG.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads