1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Best toothpaste...

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by JurassicJon, Mar 26, 2003.

1. AintDatRite

AintDatRite Senior member

Apparently, the correct answer is 'none'. Dentists are finding a lot of toothpaste is extremely abrasive; however, it tastes good so people will brush longer... and they end up damaging the enamel on their teeth. The study said the affects look like the teeth were 'sandblasted' and they were recommending using very little toothpaste, if any.

2. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Senior member

Sounds interesting. How could they recommend not using toothpaste? What types of toothpaste were tested? Link, please?

3. Crakaveli

Crakaveli Senior member

4. 630

630 Well-Known Member

Rembrandt's premium with peroxide has quite the price tag for a small tube of toothpaste, but I feel like I seriously just left the dentist after using it.

5. DDSJohnny

DDSJohnny Senior member

interesting study. may i ask what journal it was published in? i'd like to read up on it.

i personally use colgate total, but as long as you're brushing at least twice a day with fluoride toothpaste, i don't really care.

if you're looking for a floss recommendation, i give glide a strong promotion, especially for those with tight contacts and have floss rip on them frequently. i have very tight contacts and these are a breeze to floss with. if you don't have tight contacts, any type of floss will work just fine.

6. savvyibd

savvyibd Senior member

I like this Colgate brand I have from Suisse.

7. oxide

oxide Well-Known Member

i use Colgate Oxygen, by far the best toothpaste ive used so far. So deliciously minty that i want to eat it [​IMG]

8. trazen101

trazen101 Member

Colgate is the most favorite for me. I never bought other brands.

9. suzuka

suzuka Senior member

10. pg600rr

pg600rr Senior member

bmpin old thread, what is the name of that red toothpaste? saw it in a gq mag or somewhere, looked old school but had a good write up.

11. shasta

shasta Senior member

12. matt22616

matt22616 Senior member

I like Marvis for when I wake up after getting shitfaced and smoking half a pack of cigarettes. All other mornings I use Tom's of Maine.

13. lee_44106

lee_44106 Senior member

Crest Prohealth sucks ass. taste so bad.

I'm a Colgate Total man thru and thru.

14. shasta

shasta Senior member

I like Marvis for when I wake up after getting shitfaced and smoking half a pack of cigarettes.

haha I can relate.

15. sonick

sonick Senior member

Crest Prohealth sucks ass. taste so bad.

I'm a Colgate Total man thru and thru.

+1 Colgate Total.

16. Korben

Korben Senior member

Just started using the new Iso-active Sensodyne. Kinda like it. I like Marvis' flavor but I need the sensitive stuff.

17. Boston Litigator

Boston Litigator Well-Known Member

18. sonick

sonick Senior member

Wasnt there some kind of hubbub a year or so back about Crest ProHealth products staining teeth?

19. Jumbie

Jumbie Senior member

+1 Colgate Total.

+2

20. Verno Inferno

Verno Inferno Well-Known Member

Just started using the new Iso-active Sensodyne. Kinda like it. I like Marvis' flavor but I need the sensitive stuff.

I just started using Aquafresh Iso-active toothpaste. My doc needed me to switch to the iso-active stuff in preparation for my dental implant surgery.

Based on how fresh my mouth feels after using this stuff, I'd say their claim that it kills 3 times the bacteria as ordinary toothpaste has some merit. It feels like you're brushing your teeth with foaming mouthwash. Love it. As for it's teeth whitening function... I haven't noticed anything.