• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best shaving cream

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Second the WARS recommendation.

Alternatively you might try some Proraso, although you've got to like menthol. I like Salter's creams from the UK, and Crabtree & Evelyn makes some good ones as well. Have not tried eshave or St. Charles shave, but their creams come highly recommended.

Have you tried soaps? Can recommend thegentleman's quarter for soaps. Also use eshave and Provence Sante soaps, both are very very good as well.

bri

Reaction score
I used the Melt shave butter and I've also used Aveeno which is ok. Shave butter is softer, never used any of the other stuff but I will never, NEVER go back to using anything gilette. That is the cheapest shite you can buy.

herzzreh

Reaction score
Proraso hands down... for me. Everyone's skin is different. Taylor's makes some kick ass stuff too.

Spilotro

Reaction score
I use one of those Schick Intuation razors for women, without any shaving cream, and it's the closest shave I've ever been able to get with no irritation at all
wink.gif

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Spilotro
I use one of those Schick Intuation razors for women, without any shaving cream, and it's the closest shave I've ever been able to get with no irritation at all
wink.gif

+1 on not using shaving cream. i tried it for the first time about a year ago (?), started a thread on it, and no one seemed to agree. i suggest everyone try it once. it may work for you, and if it does, you'll never waste money on cream again.

BiPolar

Reaction score
i've been using this cream for 8 months now and it really works well for me. it's called EASY SHAVE. i've gotten rid of ingrown hairs and bumps which are really uncomfortable. it was recommended to me my by brother-in-law. i highly recommend it.
smile.gif

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by matadorpoeta
+1 on not using shaving cream. i tried it for the first time about a year ago (?), started a thread on it, and no one seemed to agree. i suggest everyone try it once. it may work for you, and if it does, you'll never waste money on cream again.

I saw that thread and thought it was spam. I just wasn't sure what you were selling.

You can have my tubs of shaving cream, BTW - but not my cakes of soap. Those I take to the grave.

BiPolar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Guy Burgess
I got a clinique shaving pack for christmas and it's been good. Although I had only used cheap(er) stuff before that, so I can't compare to a lot of stuff in here.

is clinique good? isn't it too expensive?

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am partial to Crabtree and Evelyn Shaving Soaps, you get a really nice lather with them.

Maxwell Edison

Reaction score
I've found that shaving creams with tea tree oil help prevent some razor bumps and ingrown hairs. I like King of Shaves sensitive skin formula.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
I saw that thread and thought it was spam. I just wasn't sure what you were selling.

You can have my tubs of shaving cream, BTW - but not my cakes of soap. Those I take to the grave.

bastard.

and i hate your wayne newton avatar.
smile.gif

leon12

Reaction score
Scents are very personal.. but I have found DR Harris to be the most effective creams. I have also found soaps to be more effective than creams.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads