1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Best shaving cream

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by HitMan009, Jul 3, 2003.

1. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

it'd be nice i guess but as a hairless asian all i have to do is shave mustache and chin hair stubble every 3 days so i have questioned its usefulness for me

also i realized when i did a full face shave my blade was spreading acne around so i stopped that

2. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Eeek! Really? That sucks!

3. salisboss

salisboss Well-Known Member

I use the trumpers at home and the taylors on the road because they make a travel stick. That combined with my merkur safety razor make for a better and more economical shave than i could ever get before.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

4. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

I thought Trumpers made a good cream but never tried their soap. I do have a puck of the Truefitt and it's quite nice. These days I'm getting away from creams in general though I still have some back-stock to use up before it dries up, like a tub of C&E Sweet Almond Oil cream that was - IMHO - the best thing C&E ever made, and the best cream I've ever used. Sadly I've been sitting on that last tub for years now.

Last edited: May 2, 2012
  5. surrender

surrender Senior member

Proraso and La Toja (from Spain) are both top notch. For soap, I use Crabtree and Evelyn's Sienna, although I haven't quite figured out how to get a great lather with it yet

6. Gerry

Gerry Senior member

Proraso pre and Proraso shaving soap mostly but I sometimes use the cheap and cheerfull Palmolive(green tube). Both develope a nice lather using a good brush but the Proraso leaves the skin feeling nicer.

7. mikeman

mikeman Senior member

Crazy, opposite happens to me. When I keep clean shaven, my acne doesn't seem to be quite as bad.

8. Superfluous Man

Superfluous Man Senior member

Razor blades don't spread acne. If you're getting acne after shaving you need to adjust your technique or change your soap/creme to something that's made with natural ingredients. If it persists then you should see a dermatologist because you may have folliculitis which can be spread by your razor.

9. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

really? i found when i shaved the acne would migrate with the areas i shaved, but i guess it could've been something else. i dunno i think it's plausible the bacteria gets left behind on the blades, but i always rinse with hot water before i shave.

i bought proraso. is nice. leaves a nice feeling after

10. 2ghouls

2ghouls Member

I regularly use Geo F Trumper Rose, and Mitchells Wool Fat. When I am in a rush, and want to go brushless, I use Trader Joe's Honey Mango Cream. A good value ($4).

11. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

The Trumper shaving soap is awesome - I've noticed that my blades aren't getting dull as quickly due most likely to the softer whiskers.

12. Superfluous Man

Superfluous Man Senior member

it's the act of shaving itself that is causing this. change up your cream/soap, blades, and/or technique. i like proraso myself but the coconut oil gave me breakouts. i use van der hagen glycerin soap right now.

13. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Have taken to shaving using hair conditioner. Far less irritation, closer shave, goes faster imo.

14. Bill Smith

Bill Smith Senior member

My favourite shaving creams/soaps: EShave (cream and soaps), L'Occtaine Cade shave soap, Proraso, and Trufitt and Hill.

15. javyn

javyn Senior member

Tabac. 'Nuff said.

[​IMG]

16. puddles

puddles Member

I haven't been through all 11 pages to check if this has been suggested yet, but QED makes their own custom blend from natural essential oils that's well worth checking out.

I'm partial to the B&B myself.

Also, get a brush gents.

17. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

That's a good site, QED. Thanks.

18. Rustoless

Rustoless New Member

When picking out shaving cream, make sure to pick up a Rust-O-Less (www.rust-o-less.com)

As much fun as it is to spend an afternoon scrubbing your shower or bathroom to remove rust rings, there are many other activities someone would prefer to do in their free time.

Analogy: 
    One ounce of PREVENTION is worth a a pound of CURE
    Using Rust-O-Less is equal to hours of cleaning

Don't get restless with rust rings, get Rust-O-Less!

For more information go to Rust-O-Less.com or email rustoless@gmail.com

19. prozach1576

prozach1576 Senior member

I got a tub of D.R. Harris Arlington the other day that I quite like. It probably won't dethrone Nancy Boy though.

20. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or

Must work like magic if ou can last 3 months on a single blade. ;)

Last edited: Aug 26, 2012