• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

best restaurant review ever

vinouspleasure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
we're traveling to binghamton, ny for a competition (www.idodi.org) for our kids this weekend. I thought I'd check out reviews of restaurants on tripadivisor. I knew we were in trouble when the number nine rated restaurant was an Olive Garden. But then I started wondering who in their right mind would vote for and review an Olive Garden. So I started reading reviews and came across this gem with the title: "Used to be my favorite place” I have a stomach aliment and specifically requested my salad without onion due to a food allergy. The salad was brought to the table with onions. The salad was sent back for a new one without onions. The salad came back with the onions picked out of the salad, but they missed the onions in the bottom of the salad. First major mistake. My entree was the portabello ravioli's, which was to come without the scallion on top as garneshment. The entree arrived with the scallions on top, which was subsqently sent back to the kitchen for a new entree as requested without garnishment. Second mistake. I notified the waitress of errors and issues with my meal. The waitress indicated that the manager of the establishment would be over to speak to me. After completing our meals, and waiting 15 minutes for the management, I finally just requested the bill. The entire meals was a disaster. I stepped outside to have a cigarette to calm and then re-entered the establishment to speak to the manager. The manager admitted that they had made mistakes with the meal and apologized for the errors but failed to offer any restitute for the meal other than a free dessert. This was not acceptable as we had already finished with the meal. I will have to seriously consider whether I will ever go back to this establishment again.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There was a post here a while ago from some angry woman who complained about not getting ranch dressing and a to-go-coke from Red Lobster, and that was pretty much the best restaurant review ever. But this is pretty good too. EDIT - Here it is - http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=195609

whereismyshoe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by vinouspleasure
we're traveling to binghamton, ny for a competition (www.idodi.org) for our kids this weekend. I thought I'd check out reviews of restaurants on tripadivisor. I knew we were in trouble when the number nine rated restaurant was an Olive Garden. But then I started wondering who in their right mind would vote for and review an Olive Garden. So I started reading reviews and came across this gem with the title: "Used to be my favorite place” I have a stomach aliment and specifically requested my salad without onion due to a food allergy. The salad was brought to the table with onions. The salad was sent back for a new one without onions. The salad came back with the onions picked out of the salad, but they missed the onions in the bottom of the salad. First major mistake. My entree was the portabello ravioli's, which was to come without the scallion on top as garneshment. The entree arrived with the scallions on top, which was subsqently sent back to the kitchen for a new entree as requested without garnishment. Second mistake. I notified the waitress of errors and issues with my meal. The waitress indicated that the manager of the establishment would be over to speak to me. After completing our meals, and waiting 15 minutes for the management, I finally just requested the bill. The entire meals was a disaster. I stepped outside to have a cigarette to calm and then re-entered the establishment to speak to the manager. The manager admitted that they had made mistakes with the meal and apologized for the errors but failed to offer any restitute for the meal other than a free dessert. This was not acceptable as we had already finished with the meal. I will have to seriously consider whether I will ever go back to this establishment again.
didn't even read past the first sentence, already agree with you. **** binghamton. e: if you want good places to eat, check out number 5 for fancy ****, little venice for italian, nezuntoz (silly name, great sandwiches / bagels / coffee) and lost dog is really good too. not sure what you're used to as far as food goes, i've certainly had better but in **** binghamton that's probably the best you're going to get.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
You agree that a restaurant review was the best ever by reading the sentence "I have a stomach aliment and specifically requested my salad without onion due to a food allergy."???

whereismyshoe

Reaction score
"we're traveling to binghamton, ny for a competition"

i'm a binghamton expat. hated it. i know anyone who has taken the time to write a review about the olive garden from binghamton is probably not the brightest of the bunch

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whereismyshoe
"we're traveling to binghamton, ny for a competition"

i'm a binghamton expat. hated it. i know anyone who has taken the time to write a review about the olive garden from binghamton is probably not the brightest of the bunch

BUT THEY GAVE HIM ONIONS!
laugh.gif

aphextwin07

Reaction score
I was expecting a laugh at least. I don't think it can qualify for a best review without being funny.

sonicreducer

Reaction score
binghamton is what i would consider hell to be like ... except hell probably wouldn't have so many abandoned factories

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads