• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

best place to buy clark desert boots?

StylingUK

Reaction score
I'm not sure why you are wanting to buy a pair for the winter season if they are retail priced. I have a pair but don't plan on bringing them to Canada for vacation in the next month because I thought its not suitable for the weather over there? The DB have crepe sole.

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StylingUK
I'm not sure why you are wanting to buy a pair for the winter season if they are retail priced. I have a pair but don't plan on bringing them to Canada for vacation in the next month because I thought its not suitable for the weather over there? The DB have crepe sole.

i don't get what you mean? clarify please

StylingUK

Reaction score
Since the DB doesn't have rubber sole, it might be hard to walk in without falling or water getting into the boots. You will be walking in snow, slush, and ice during winter so this might not be your best choice for footwear. So if you are getting this without any discounts, it might be best to just wait a few months before you get it if you don't plan on wearing these during winter.

Might be best if anyone else can comment how these hold up in snow.

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StylingUK
Since the DB doesn't have rubber sole, it might be hard to walk in without falling or water getting into the boots. You will be walking in snow, slush, and ice during winter so this might not be your best choice for footwear. So if you are getting this without any discounts, it might be best to just wait a few months before you get it if you don't plan on wearing these during winter.

Might be best if anyone else can comment how these hold up in snow.

are you implying that the prices on these get lower closer to summer time?

StylingUK

Reaction score
Originally Posted by iroh
are you implying that the prices on these get lower closer to summer time?

Obviously, if you can find big discounts now, then buy them now. Just saying if you are paying full price for them now and not going to wear them during winter, then another option is to wait and you might find a pair on sale in the future.

life like weeds

Reaction score
I just bought a pair of Beeswax DB at my local Clarks store. They didn't have any on the display shelf, but I asked, and they had my size in the back. They were on sale for 70 dollars. Might be worth it for everyone to try their local store while they're still on sale!

coopster

Reaction score
I just bought my beeswax DBs for $69 + tax. The Clarks store was having a sale on all of their shoes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads