• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is this UN-tailoring?!

FlowableFill

Reaction score
My former chess partner used to dress something like that. He wore Western-styled sport coats, Western shirts, and a bolo tie (no cowboy hat though). He also wore Native American jewelry. Lived in the southwest, but would come to visit his family in California during Christmas. I knew him because I am close friends with his nephew.

This guy (my chess partner) was something around 80 years old. Everyone called him Uncle John and he spoke with this old Bostonian accent. I don't know how he wound up in the Southwest, but he was one of those old guys who seemingly knew about everything -- ornithology, dendrology, arcane American history, antiques, etc. Just a really wonderful guy. Every Christmas, I'd go over to my friend's home to play Uncle John a game of chess, and our games would commonly last 3+ hours. At the end of every game, I would have to go home and take a nap because he was so good. Concentrating that hard for so long is very tiring.

He tragically passed away in a car accident about five years ago. I inherited one of his bolo ties. I'm still not totally sure how to wear it, but I like the "bolo tie cowboy" look and the gift is a sweet memento.

View attachment 1625539
20210616_175800.jpg

My grandfather gave me two of his bolo ties before he died. I've worn the one on the left a few times. The one on the right is too busy for my tastes.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
me seeing cat thread derails:
1623885977206.png

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A day away from SF (on occasion) can be most pleasant. It was all sunshine and delightful temps. I think I saw a unicorn ... being ridden by a cat.

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length