• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bespoke suit, decided to take the plunge

Paulo100

Reaction score
I don't think pictures during the fitting will be possible, but certainly happy to post pictures of the finished suit, when I get it.
My reference to Mad Men was merely to indicate that I am going for a slightly slimmer cut, I am tallish and slim in build, (42", 34" long in the legs). As I said in the original post, I have a hatred of loose fitting clothes, especially suits (stems from school days, when jackets and trousers were bought large 'so you can grow into them').
I am going to Richard James and so far very impressed with what I see.

alebrady

Reaction score
excellent - i would be very interested in hearing details of the process and eventual pics of a richard james commission..

i would think richard james would be a good choice for a slim, modern looking cut

vox, im leaning 'interesting', so far
smile.gif

F. Corbera

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I would love to see someone post a recent RJ...I hope the OP will brave a photograph or three.

This thread is looking up.

markbao

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Paulo100
Ask and you shall receive
This is the look I am aiming for from Richard James.

That is a wonderful clean-cut look.
Good luck with your commission! Do post more info when you receive it.

Paulo100

Reaction score
Thanks, I will. By coincidence this picture of a Richard James suit appeared in todays London Sunday Times style magazine. It is effectively the suit I am having made, perhaps 'my' material is a little darker in colour, otherwise very similar, same lapel width, slim cut etc.
Glad you like it.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Paulo100
I don't think pictures during the fitting will be possible...
Oh it's very possible ... but I don't recommend it. I once posted pictures of fitting results... and within minutes my SR tailor had an e-mail waiting for me: "You said you wanted them for your own use!"

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
Oh it's very possible ... but I don't recommend it. I once posted pictures of fitting results... and within minutes my SR tailor had an e-mail waiting for me: "You said you wanted them for your own use!"
One must never divulge the secrets of the inner sanctum!

w.o.e.is.me.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ianiceman
Is that comment aimed at me? A long time since anyone accused me of being a kid. Sorry if I didn't apply the commensurate level of sycophantic obsequiousness, I'm still a bit new around here and haven't figured out exactly which posters are deserving of a constant rimming no matter what tedious and uninformative bollocks they post, and who are their slavering lapdogs. Should I add you to the list?

i must say, that was artful.

Paulo100

Reaction score
Here is the result. Do I like it? Was it worth the investment?
Actually, I more than like it, I think it is fantastic.
Bad iphone pictures don't do it justice but I will get around to posting more at some stage, in the meantime I am just enjoying wearing it.
Sounds arrogant I know, but if you like the idea of people turning to look when you walk into a room, this will do it for you.
smile.gif

Paulo100

Reaction score
I know, I agree about the pictures
smile.gif
I will post more later but beleive me, it feels fantastic to wear and really turns heads.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Redwoood
from the pictures you posted, "lean" would not be he first attribute that comes to mind.

+10

Was this RJ's full-fledged bespoke offering?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads