• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bespoke jeans

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
i like the bespoke jeans , look to be slim straight button fly no extras , and most important lightweight denim .

@tehbooth should've figured out a arcuate-type reinforcing embellishment for the rear pocket !
The thing is I’m not a flashy person. I like discreet details. Nobody ever sees the mop buttons so what’s the harm?

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The thing is I’m not a flashy person. I like discreet details. Nobody ever sees the mop buttons so what’s the harm?
It’s a button fly. When you have to take a sh!t or piss really bad and you’re trying to undo all those buttons, bad things can happen.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DWW poasts in sw&d :

I started this thread because I like to discuss tailoring, but find it difficult to have convos on the CM side of the board nowadays. I assume the Husbands thread will eventually devolve into people posting, "who actually wears this?" "Is this streetwear?" "Ah, fashion swings again." etc etc etc.

DWW poasts in cm :

those are weird.

be the change .

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Onto the topic at hand, I have had several pairs of jeans made over the years, and the main issue I have run into from tailors/makers that do not specifically make jeans, is they get the details wrong. They tend to make weaker seams, no chain stitching and use standard cloth for the pocket bags. All of which has resulted in having the jeans come apart at the seams, crotch blown out in a matter of a few months, and I have now replaced the pocket bags 3 times. I promise I am not doing anything out of the ordinary either.

So when I was on the hunt for a new pair of MTO/Bespoke jeans, I wanted someone who made jeans specifically. I ended up ordering from Eric at Fitted Underground in Brooklyn. He makes jeans specifically and uses excellent denim, the correct machines for each type of seam, solid rivets and pocketing materials. They are excellent and I would recommend him with no hesitations. He is also a really nice guy and cares about his product. I have a soft spot for the one man show's out there too which Eric is.

-DL

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Onto the topic at hand, I have had several pairs of jeans made over the years, and the main issue I have run into from tailors/makers that do not specifically make jeans, is they get the details wrong. They tend to make weaker seams, no chain stitching and use standard cloth for the pocket bags. All of which has resulted in having the jeans come apart at the seams, crotch blown out in a matter of a few months, and I have now replaced the pocket bags 3 times. I promise I am not doing anything out of the ordinary either.

So when I was on the hunt for a new pair of MTO/Bespoke jeans, I wanted someone who made jeans specifically. I ended up ordering from Eric at Fitted Underground in Brooklyn. He makes jeans specifically and uses excellent denim, the correct machines for each type of seam, solid rivets and pocketing materials. They are excellent and I would recommend him with no hesitations. He is also a really nice guy and cares about his product. I have a soft spot for the one man show's out there too which Eric is.

-DL
This is great advice. I didn’t know about Fitted Underground, thanks!

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
AE60F54D-71C0-41D9-87DF-2B44D4ED1B88.jpeg

altavista

Reaction score
They look rather refreshing, but why silk? Wouldn't it, quite literally, make your ass look shiny after some time on wooden chairs...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads