• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Benjamin Lucente Suit: Fit Pics

apropos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by amplifiedheat
Easterdress.jpg
The gents in morning dress look fantastically tall and slender, because correct proportions are observed.

They look 'fantastically tall and slender' because they are goddamned drawings, for goodness sake. It always cracks me up when you 'classic style is the bestest' folk post your AA drawings as some sort of incontrovertible 'proof' that dress from the 1920s/30s is an exercise in correct proportions/cut/whatever. They're not - they're just drawings, and little better than cave scratchings for divining 'proper fit' (whatever the hell that means) and have little to do with 'real life' proportions. Unless, of course, you are suggesting that the guy on the top L really has a hand length that is as long as his entire face. Seriously, how delusional can some people get? Wake up and realise that you simply are a clothing retrophile, or more accurately, a clothing necrophile. Hate to break to ya sunshine - but the Gilded Age died nearly a century ago.
facepalm.gif

foggy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by foggy
The MTM's are both but the suits are a true 42", and the same length, sleeve length etc as these , perhaps the shoulders 1/2" bigger too.

Small margins but just enough to make me question. I wonder if plus 1 or so bigger will make me think its too large.

The tailor thinks he can get another inch out of the chest of the suit, so I'm going to give that a go and see how it turns out. That would push it to a 42".

Reaction score
sorry for being a newb but is it me or is there something wrong with the shoulders? they just seem a bit "wrong" when compared to most of the fits I've seen around here, they seem to "slope down" if you know what I mean. Is it because the shoulders too big or it's meant to be this way?

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gogglesdonothing
sorry for being a newb but is it me or is there something wrong with the shoulders? they just seem a bit "wrong" when compared to most of the fits I've seen around here, they seem to "slope down" if you know what I mean. Is it because the shoulders too big or it's meant to be this way?

+1 They are wrong. Too square and/or padded for my taste.
But aside from my taste, they do not sit right.

foggy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gogglesdonothing
If its my pics on page 4, then thats just me. The shoulders are only very lighty padded.

foggy

Reaction score
Back from the tailor having buttoned the sleeves, let out the chest and hemmed the trousers. Happy!
bigstar[1].gif

foggy

Reaction score
Its a Brooks Brothers extra slim. 3 for $199, plus 25% off with the family and friends sale thing this last weekend. First 3 things I've ever bought from there, but fits very nice.

Only downside is a chest pocket, but hey ho.

Originally Posted by derv
What brand of shirt is that, Foggy?

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by foggy
Back from the tailor having buttoned the sleeves, let out the chest and hemmed the trousers. Happy!
bigstar[1].gif

I'd thought you needed to size up in the suit, but looks great. Letting out the chest did the trick.

chriskl

Reaction score
Originally Posted by eHaberdasher
New model later this year with button stance 1" lower. 2" lower is way too low... we toyed around with it and finalized the model - going into production later this Spring/Summer. And again - I don't think the pick-stitching is nearly that noticeable in reality - any others who have purchased/seen the garment agree or disagree?

Ben, have the new Lucente models with the lower button stance been put into production yet? I know you said spring/summer, just wanted to check if they were already available, or if they haven't been made yet, when they would be. Thanks in advance!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads