• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Belgian Loafers?

13.characters

Reaction score
They recommend you walk on them as is for like 20-25 hours before having the topy put on. I dropped a pair off to have the topy redone at the brick and mortar this summer - came out to like, $90 all told. Local guy does just as good a job (honestly, better) for $50, so I'd say just take them home, walk on them for the recommended time, and find someone local. I found the entire ordeal to be a bit of a pain **********, if I'm being honest. I think it was like $30 shipping, although I will say the turn-around-time was awesome.

I wear the Mr. Casual, and I religiously get 15,000 steps a day. Going in for their first, not-so-needed re-topy this winter, albeit it is just because they're so near and dear to me and not so much because it is necessary. Just don't wear them in the rain, and you're fine.

Side note, I love Belgian Shoes so much, but the Henri model (for men) is hideous to my eye, lol.
How's the leather sole keeping up? Considering getting my first pair of Mr. Casual, but I'm a bit worried they won't hold up with the regular walking, the topy seems to be very thin. Did the leather sole on the nose and the heel get scraped off right away? Possibly you could post a picture of how your shoes look after 15k steps a day? Thanks!

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How's the leather sole keeping up? Considering getting my first pair of Mr. Casual, but I'm a bit worried they won't hold up with the regular walking, the topy seems to be very thin. Did the leather sole on the nose and the heel get scraped off right away? Possibly you could post a picture of how your shoes look after 15k steps a day? Thanks!
I know this wasn't directed at me but I have a few pairs in my regular rotation. The wear varies from pair to pair but the leather outsole holds up, despite getting scuffed up a bunch. Once worn in, it doesn't seem to get any worse for wear.

IMG_20240528_170151.jpg IMG_20240528_170204.jpg IMG_20240528_170213.jpg IMG_20240528_170220.jpg IMG_20240528_170238_Bokeh.jpg IMG_20240528_170243_Bokeh.jpg IMG_20240528_170310_Bokeh.jpg IMG_20240528_170317.jpg IMG_20240528_170129_Bokeh.jpg IMG_20240528_170135_Bokeh.jpg

leapyourbar

Reaction score
Sorry, I just saw this now -- will post pics very shortly (I don't have them on today), however, they have held up extremely well! I wear them twice a week usually.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DanieSmerth