• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Becoming a judge (NYC BIGLAW T14 GRADS MAKING $250k+ ONLY)

rjakapeanut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by odoreater
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that you also have to be editor in chief of the law review and win the national moot court competition.

one last thing: your *** must taste like strawberry jam

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Teger I don't know dude... did you go to the right pre-school? Otherwise you might end up having to go to Fordham with the other slags and earning a loser-ish 150k a year, having to resign yourself to a pointless life in New Jersey, gazing longingly at the Island, it's shimmering lights illuminating the lives of people who went to the right pre-schools.

Yes, it really is that simple.

PS. I make 251k/year so that makes me super ultra qualified to post in this thread.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
Teger I don't know dude... did you go to the right pre-school? Otherwise you might end up having to go to Fordham with the other slags and earning a loser-ish 150k a year, having to resign yourself to a pointless life in New Jersey, gazing longingly at the Island, it's shimmering lights illuminating the lives of people who went to the right pre-schools.

Do you know me IRL or something? You just described my entire life.

Didn't go to pre-school.
Went to Fordham.
Live in New Jersey.
Made $150k per year.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you know me IRL or something? You just described my entire life.

Didn't go to pre-school.
Went to Fordham.
Live in New Jersey.
Made $150k per year.

Well then, you're Teger's cautionary tale, aren't you?

JK... I just made that **** up and obviously a lot of people would be thrilled to go to Fordham.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
true, sorry. you can only really become a judge if you work in NYC, Chicago, LA or Washington DC anyway.
All of these cities one earning $250K means little. DC maybe...

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
All of these cities one earning $250K means little. DC maybe...

That is quite true.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Here we go again with the money/location argument.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
Here we go again with the money/location argument.

Yea nevermind going down that road. The thing is that 250k in any city in the world gives you options and no matter where, you can live comfortably without much worry. Maybe some cities will require you to be a little more sensible with your spending than others, but even in NYC 250k is fine as long as you aren't too aspirational.

slycedbred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea nevermind going down that road. The thing is that 250k in any city in the world gives you options and no matter where, you can live comfortably without much worry. Maybe some cities will require you to be a little more sensible with your spending than others, but even in NYC 250k is fine as long as you aren't too aspirational.

you're marsupialed. you can't live in nyc unless you make around 3trillion /minute

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slycedbred
you're marsupialed. you can't live in nyc unless you make around 3trillion /minute
Sure, if you want to live in a box in spanish harlem. You're obviously too poor to even talk to. You aren't even a small timer. You're a micro timer.

ZackyBoy

Reaction score
Sure, if you want to live in a box in spanish harlem.

You're obviously too poor to even talk to.

You aren't even a small timer. You're a micro timer.

I was thinking about having a 100 dollar bill bonfire later tonight and maybe roast some king crab and lobster... would you care to join ?

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ZackyBoy
I was thinking about having a 100 dollar bill bonfire later tonight and maybe roast some king crab and lobster... would you care to join ?
Sorry, I only do gold buillion fondue. I'm just going to be eating whole truffles tonight.

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What fascinates me most about NYC is that people love to pretend they have money and live the fancy lifestlyes. The real mega-wealthy are much smarter than that. I haven't found this to be the case in most cities I have spent a large amount of time in.

ZackyBoy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by randallr
What fascinates me most about NYC is that people love to pretend they have money and live the fancy lifestlyes. The real mega-wealthy are much smarter than that. I haven't found this to be the case in most cities I have spent a large amount of time in.
I'd say this is true in the world; not just NYC. It's always the 30 year old driving the ferrari he can't afford the payments on taking his wife out to restaurants he can't afford and will stress over later, while the guy next door looks like a scrub half the time, drives a honda, but then you're shocked that his net worth is enormous and he buys a super car because he can afford it.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randallr

Far more true in LA.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads