BB Fitzgerald Discontinued?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by OldState, Sep 27, 2016.

1. OldState

OldState Member

I just picked up a 2 suits during the recent Brooks Brothers sale. I currently own 4 Fitzgeralds but was told they no longer will be making this fit. I was concerned at first until I was told the Regent now has a 6" rather than 7" drop so that is what I went with. The drop was the only reason I went with the Fitzs to begin with.

Anyone know if this is true or we they just trying to sell me what they had?

BTW, I also notice a far higher amount of US made suits in hand. Both of the Regents I bought are US made. :fonz:

2. Tim619

Tim619 New Member

Heard the same from a sales rep at the Scottsdale, AZ location a few months back. Fitz being phased out in favor of Milanos and Regents.

3. homework

homework Member

I just bought a Fitzgerald online and was happy with the fit. No Brooks Brothers near me, can you comment on the Regent vs Fitzgerald fit?

4. OldState

OldState Member

There are several differences notated on the BB website and on these forums, but the immediate differences I noticed trying on the suits it the slightly lower button stance and slimmer pants on the Regent.

I also didn't need the waist taken in on the Regent which indicates to me a less boxy cut. It was actually the only suit coat I ever bought that needed nothing done to it...not even sleeve adjustment...though I am very average in proportion (6', 178lbs) . I did find myself fitting better into some 40Rs or 41Rs coats among the different suits I tried on. All were US made and some 40s fit like 41s and visa versa. Prior I had only noticed this between their US and Italian suits. I went with the 40R with one suit and had the pants let out as I'm a 35" waist.
    They ordered me a 41R for the second suit which has yet to come it.

I do love my Fitzgeralds and get compliments on a routine basis.

5. homework

homework Member

Have you found any other brands that fit similarly to the Fitzgerald?

6. OldState

OldState Member

I began replacing older suits 4 years ago and have only bought BB suits off the rack. Haven't tried many others to comment.