• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BB Fitzgerald Discontinued?

OldState

Reaction score
I just picked up a 2 suits during the recent Brooks Brothers sale. I currently own 4 Fitzgeralds but was told they no longer will be making this fit. I was concerned at first until I was told the Regent now has a 6" rather than 7" drop so that is what I went with. The drop was the only reason I went with the Fitzs to begin with.

Anyone know if this is true or we they just trying to sell me what they had?

BTW, I also notice a far higher amount of US made suits in hand. Both of the Regents I bought are US made. :fonz:

Tim619

Reaction score
Heard the same from a sales rep at the Scottsdale, AZ location a few months back. Fitz being phased out in favor of Milanos and Regents.

homework

Reaction score
I just bought a Fitzgerald online and was happy with the fit. No Brooks Brothers near me, can you comment on the Regent vs Fitzgerald fit?

OldState

Reaction score

I just bought a Fitzgerald online and was happy with the fit. No Brooks Brothers near me, can you comment on the Regent vs Fitzgerald fit?

There are several differences notated on the BB website and on these forums, but the immediate differences I noticed trying on the suits it the slightly lower button stance and slimmer pants on the Regent.

I also didn't need the waist taken in on the Regent which indicates to me a less boxy cut. It was actually the only suit coat I ever bought that needed nothing done to it...not even sleeve adjustment...though I am very average in proportion (6', 178lbs) . I did find myself fitting better into some 40Rs or 41Rs coats among the different suits I tried on. All were US made and some 40s fit like 41s and visa versa. Prior I had only noticed this between their US and Italian suits. I went with the 40R with one suit and had the pants let out as I'm a 35" waist.
They ordered me a 41R for the second suit which has yet to come it.

I do love my Fitzgeralds and get compliments on a routine basis.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads