• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bar food

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All this talk about classical french cooking and cheeses and stuff is great, but lets go low brow and talk about bar snacks. The stuff you share with a bunch of buddies to soak up pitchers of beer and provide sustanance in between shots of tequila. Its not cooked by trained chefs, but rather by pierced and tattooed stoner college dropouts who sneak shots of vodka into their red bull between fying buffalo wings. Every country has different snacks, what are you go-tos?

Me?

US-
Buffalo wings
Potato skins (covered in cheese and bacon & slathered with sour cream)

Canada-
Poutine

Netherlands-
Bitterballen
vlammetje

Spain-
Most all tapas, but particularly puntillitas / chipirones

India-
Various grilled and tandoor cooked meats & kebabs

UK-
Bullshit bar snacks like individual size bags of chips and nuts
eh.gif
. Pub food can be really good though

The list goes on, but you get the point.

Discuss

K

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
in hungary BOOZE is the snack food.

I like wings and sliders

jqbomb

Reaction score
Love sliders, or miniaturized anything for that matter.
Great, salty hand cut fries.
Nuts, especially Marcona almonds.

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wings usually.

But just discovered the joys of yakitori, particularly chicken parts: neck, tail, knee.

Kevin

Reaction score
New Zealand: buckets of green-lipped mussels. Also chips (fries) with garlic mayo.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Depends on the bar

Typical bar (beer, mixed drinks, cocktails, etc.): Wings (just spicy enough), sliders, and good fries

Wine bar: Prosciutto, coppa, sopressata, bressaola, fresh mozzarella, gorgonzola, smoked gouda, and various other cheeses.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My roommate and I usually keep a couple pounds of Wings in the fridge for the when we come home from a night at the bars. Throw those babies in a pot of oil for 10 minutes and then slap some awesome wing sauce on them. Delicious and piping hot, not to mention dangerous when really drunk...cutting and frying...

At the bars, I prefer sliders, nachos, and if at a nicer place, calimari with a dipping sauce on the spicy side.

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Because I cant find a decent wing in London I've come up with a way to make them at home.

I ust throw them on a rack over a tray in the oven and crank the heat up to about 225 celcius flipping once until the skin is crispy. Then I toss in a sauce of about 1/3butter and 2/3 louisiana hot sauce with a pinch of garlic powder and salt. Takes about 20 minutes total and no need to play with hot oil when you're drunk.

K

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads