Bally shoes on ebay

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by dah328, Mar 3, 2004.

1. dah328

dah328 Senior member

For those of you that know more about shoes than me, do the shoes by the following ebay seller look legit? Â I bought a pair and lots of things are different (sizing, leather, weight, etc.) from a store-bought pair that I own. Â I think I've read that Bally shoes are made in different places, but the ones from this seller appear to be made in South America, a place I've never heard mentioned before. Â I would be somewhat surprised if they were fake since it seems like an awful lot of trouble just to make a few bucks on ebay. Â The shoes would be wearable if they weren't too small for me. Bally shoes on ebay Regards, dan

2. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

3. dah328

dah328 Senior member

Arg, I agree that the quality is not on par with the other pair of Ballys that I own. On top of that, I found the sizing to be different. Live and learn, I guess.

Thanks for the reply,

dan

4. JohnMS

JohnMS Senior member

I remember contacting this seller sometime back about his shoes and as I recall the shoes are made in Argentina.

Having lived in Argentina for quite some time and visited there on a couple of occasions, the Argentines have nice leather jackets and coats, but I don't recall their shoes being too stellar. It's been a number of years though since I've been down there and it was before my interest in shoes came into being.