• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Back from downtown

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bally Scribe @ 60% OFF
Zegna @ 60% OFF
Saks had some sweet SF shearlings @ 40% OFF
NM @ 65% OFF (better brands were 40% OFF)
HB had nice Spanish lamb shearlings @ 40% OFF
Barneys had C&J Gerrards for under $300 (would've gone for them but for those funky suede inserts) and few Harris models.
Kids @ POLO tried to ram suede McKays down my throat for under $400 (down from $1250), but I fought back
devil.gif

LP is going to have 40% OFF sale later this week.
BB was the usual yawn.
Borrelli didn't seem to have a sale.
Overall, the retail scene appeared deader than dead.
Don't recall seeing anything like that. In fact, even the vehicular traffic on Boylston/Newbury was pretty scarce
confused.gif

AJL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was told by Hal the mackays were gone. Did they bring more in? Sizes?

Bumble_Bee

Reaction score
What's 60% off at Zegna? Last week it was a small section of clothing for 70% off and 60% off most non-couture footwear.

Interested in the LP jackets. Details of the upcoming LP sale? Were LP on sale 40% off at NM?

Keon

Reaction score
Boylston/Newbury? Is this Boston? I wasn't aware New York had those streets.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Christofuh
Borrelli didn't seem to have a sale.

Borelli on 60th: the whole store is 40% off.

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Keon
Boylston/Newbury? Is this Boston? I wasn't aware New York had those streets.

That would be Boston.

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shoos were 60% OFF @ Zegna (including XXX line). I went in looking to grab a deerskin jacket from their Elements series. Found out they didn't know what I was talking about
eh.gif

BTW, those XXX super duper pooper scooper line of Zegna shoos that retail for $1200-plus (the ones with care kit, leather box and all that) were nice. Though not as well built as, say, $1500 Kitons. Their trees, however, were SUH-WEET
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Anyhow, I figured the whole winter stock was on sale.
LP @ NM was 40% OFF. Not whole lottta product to choose from though. Near $400 cotton pants less hundred some bucks
musicboohoo[1].gif

According to POLO people they had more than one pair of McKays in stock. Dunno anything beyond that.

Irond Will

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, nothing seemed especially discounted at the Newbury BB. I picked up a wool quarter-zip for $60 or so. Either they're doing very well relative to other retailers or they have a lousy tactic for competing in a terrible sales environment.

Bumble_Bee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Christofuh
Shoos were 60% OFF @ Zegna (including XXX line). I went in looking to grab a deerskin jacket from their Elements series. Found out they didn't know what I was talking about
eh.gif
BTW, those XXX super duper pooper scooper line of Zegna shoos that retail for $1200-plus (the ones with care kit, leather box and all that) were nice. Though not as well built as, say, $1500 Kitons. Their trees, however, were SUH-WEET
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Anyhow, I figured the whole winter stock was on sale. LP @ NM was 40% OFF. Not whole lottta product to choose from though. Near $400 cotton pants less hundred some bucks
musicboohoo[1].gif
According to POLO people they had more than one pair of McKays in stock. Dunno anything beyond that.

Wow, sounds like Zegna Boston expanded their sale since I was last there. There was only one XXX Couture shoe on sale at the time- the reverse stitch whole cut in black. The limited editions were in the non-sale corner. Clothing on sale were only limited to two rackfuls. The cashmere elements weren't even on sale. But even then, the sale was a little better than the one at 5th ave store right now. Was the Icer jacket on sale at NM by any chance? It sounds like it likely wasn't.

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bumble_Bee
Wow, sounds like Zegna Boston expanded their sale since I was last there. There was only one XXX Couture shoe on sale at the time- the reverse stitch whole cut in black.

I suspect that's still the case. Though I didn't ask.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads