• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liber

Reaction score
I've previously also dropped my packages off at the DHL/Fedex depot, they seem quite receptive to that, at least here in Adelaide.

It's a bummer your package got lost, it should turn up eventually though if it never gets to Luxire. I've had a couple of packages never turn up overseas that I've posted through AusPost, 3 or so months later they've turned up again at my door. Just make sure you put a change of address form in to AusPost or something to make sure you get packages with your old address redirected.
Persevere Matt, there's still hope for your shirt. I just took delivery of a pair of Gustin grey silk jeans from Czech Republic, 4 months after they were posted. I had completely given up on them for a while.

Foxhound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm only four days in, but "No Menswear December" has so far been harder than when I gave up smoking.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there a no menswear December? oes it include fragrances and op shop? If so, I’m stuffed.

Found a nice MJ Bale navy suit at the op shop. First time I’ve seen one of those. Made in Japan, seems to be good quality.

Last edited:

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

lukejackson

Reaction score
Went to Boggi, Falconable, Corneliani shops here yesterday. Boggi fits me perfectly off the rank and the 40's are surprisingly long (in a good way, I'm a bit over 6"). So nice being able to have a look at clothes in person, especially Boggi and Corneliani, which I have never seen stocked anywhere in Australia. Other than that, not much to report from the Middle East. Been to some cool dive bars, met heaps of friends and generally having a good time/working hard. Living on shwarma and falafel. Bought some really nice chukkas the other day, rubber sole, not goodyear welted (Clark's) but made in Portugal. Construction is great for 50 bones. Always assumed Clark's were made in China.

jaypee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not sure if this is the place to post this but anyway:
Can anyone recommend someone close to Newtown, Sydney for a haircut?
My previous guy has moved to Victoria.

thanks

Hawleywoods
32 King St, Newtown NSW 2042, Australia
61 2 9557 6290

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found a nice MJ Bale navy suit at the op shop. First time I’ve seen one of those. Made in Japan, seems to be good quality.

Those were top suits.

The MIJ Collection suits were - are - great, especially if you can get them on sale for $800 or so. I wish they would bring back the Collection sportcoats...

DartagnanRed

Reaction score
I get mine from MJB - they always have 1-2 relatively conservative designs.

At $150 I'll be getting my shirts from SS next time.
I hate the collar on MJB shirts, and half of them are horrid fabric. The way it splays out at the point...annoys me just thinking about it. And if you don't like that, there's only a too-spread variant.

Herringbone uses the same factory for a lot of their shirts, similar annoying collar. TM Lewin has a tiny selection in button cuff and again don't have a proper semi-spread collar.

Rhodes and Beckett are the only shirts I buy RTW as they have some nice fabric, simple styles in button cuff with a good colla, but they are stupidly priced. Fortunately I only buy the things when they go from $170 to $40-50 in their warehouse sale. Great pricing strategy folks!

I think next time I will try the RTW PJ shirts, or try SS.

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kamakura are good value (if you wear button downs in particular), but they are cut a bit weird for the average Westerner's physique so you need to check the measurements carefully and take a bit of a punt to begin with, then probably add +$20-$30 in alterations to get the fit spot on. For me, they are a decent shirt for $120 all up, but the available styles are a bit limited these days.

El Rob

Reaction score
Hawleywoods
32 King St, Newtown NSW 2042, Australia
61 2 9557 6290
Thanks Mate - I've been past that place many times and always thought it looked interesting.

A lot of hairdressers in Newtown are a little full on and seem to cater more for mohawks are purple dye!

Oli2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hate the collar on MJB shirts, and half of them are horrid fabric. The way it splays out at the point...annoys me just thinking about it. And if you don't like that, there's only a too-spread variant.

Herringbone uses the same factory for a lot of their shirts, similar annoying collar. TM Lewin has a tiny selection in button cuff and again don't have a proper semi-spread collar.

Rhodes and Beckett are the only shirts I buy RTW as they have some nice fabric, simple styles in button cuff with a good colla, but they are stupidly priced. Fortunately I only buy the things when they go from $170 to $40-50 in their warehouse sale. Great pricing strategy folks!

I think next time I will try the RTW PJ shirts, or try SS.

Is this the collar you dislike? I don't mind it.

TM Lewin's shirts are nice, but the white poplin (the only fabric I can wear) has an easy iron finish.

My work shirts:
x5 white poplins/pinpoint
x1 blue pinpoint (see link)

Foxhound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't see the value in $120 when you can get a MTM for $150, of which includes no hassle with organising size and taking it to a tailor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads