• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Quote:
No. I mean shirt stays to keep your shirt tucked in tight.
Interesting. I’ve not used them, but I did find a few Bijan shirts in an op shop that had a pettegola attached. I’d never seen such a thing before, but I could’t imagine using it. I had them removed when I had the sleeves shortened

sliq

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I’ve not used them, but I did find a few Bijan shirts in an op shop that had a pettegola attached. I’d never seen such a thing before, but I could’t imagine using it. I had them removed when I had the sleeves shortened

is this Bijan Sydney or Bijan from the states?

Arch3r

Reaction score
Bijan in the US of A.

Probably retailed for $7,000 a shirt.

I watched a short documentary on Bijan in the states, they come straight out and say that the only thing that differentiates them from other luxury brands is the price. They don't want just anybody to be able to buy their stuff.

I'd be interested to know what the quality is actually like.

Orchie

Reaction score
Took my new City IIs out for a spin yesterday. Very happy, though the colour in the photo *really* doesn't do them justice.

Grant

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I feel a cathartic clean out coming on.

Too much dreck and a few silly impulse buys need to go.

Gassyndrome

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the Loake 1880 sizing? I'm interested in the Aldwych or any other suggestions for work wear.
I am cursed with a 13, slightly narrow (c/d) on a Brannock and I have some Florsheims in a 47EE, which is their only width and is a bit too wide. I also have some MTO RMW which probably aren't real helpful for comparison.

Any experiences out there or other suggestions from the Loake range I should consider?

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Public service announcement for anyone who doesn't get my newsletter or follow my affiliate thread -

1) 30% off all Bresciani Socks for 2 weeks

2) Reminder about our Canberra trunk show with Braddon Tailors on the 24th. RSVP's not necessary but appreciated so we can estimate how much grog we need

ryanohare

Reaction score

Can anyone comment on the Loake 1880 sizing? I'm interested in the Aldwych or any other suggestions for work wear.
I am cursed with a 13, slightly narrow (c/d) on a Brannock and I have some Florsheims in a 47EE, which is their only width and is a bit too wide. I also have some MTO RMW which probably aren't real helpful for comparison.

Any experiences out there or other suggestions from the Loake range I should consider?

I've got a pair of black 1880 captoes, and I find them really bulky and wide. I've got quite narrow and flat feet (still a size 11 mind you) so I find them quite a bulky, heavy shoe (not really the technical term I know). They've fitted a bit better over time as I've worn them in, but don't think I'd buy another pair again as they're just a bit too blocky and big for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads