• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plestor

Reaction score

Hey guys, just wondering how you clean your wool trousers?

Hand wash? Dry Clean? Anything specific requests? And how often?

A)Spot clean if possible

B) Clean as required

C) Clean seasonally if relevant.

NB this is my dry cleaning routine for everything.

kickstart

Reaction score

Speaking of...
Might have to give Massimo a call vis a vis: Is the Osaka one of the blocks offered in their MTM Program?
Maybe our Victorian members can check with Christian... :)

FYI, on their Facebook page the other day they told another customer that they did not offer the Osaka in MTM.

RayRay

Reaction score

FYI, on their Facebook page the other day they told another customer that they did not offer the Osaka in MTM.

That was me that asked! I posted on their wall to confirm after ColdEyedPugilist mentioned it in the thread... I'd be curious to find out what the other blocks available look like since they said they had a 'wide range'... I've always liked the Osaka block though...

RemyMichel

Reaction score
Guys it pays to check the tee racks as an op shop... something i never do.

I went back to find the pants to the orphan Pal Zileri and this is what i found for $4

Navy Brioni polo
Photos look terrible but its condition is about a 9/10

Last edited:

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Suit: Benjamin
Shirt: Borrelli
Tie: Isaia 7 fold
Handkerchief: Unknown
Shoes: Carmina saddle shell cordovan

You seem like a nice bloke, so don't take this the wrong way; maybe it's your photography but those shoes do not go with that outfit. Tan cordovan is too casual for a red power tie and grey business suit. I can't help but think black captoes or brogues would have been more in keeping with the rest of your look.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You seem like a nice bloke, so don't take this the wrong way; maybe it's your photography but those shoes do not go with that outfit. Tan cordovan is too casual for a red power tie and grey business suit. I can't help but think black captoes or brogues would have been more in keeping with the rest of your look.

No offence taken. Yeah, you're right but I just got the boots yesterday and wanted to wear them out today to show them to a friend. The more I think about it, the more I can see what you mean. In any case, the boots passed the one day test and still felt just as comfortable at the end of the day.

Just finished watching Superbrands and learnt a few things:

• Superdry is not Japanese!
  • People actually pronounce Nike to rhyme with 'bike'

RemyMichel

Reaction score

Jesus Christ, where the f@ck are you thrifting Remy?

One big thing i have noticed is that the wealthier suburbs produce a better average of stock but it is often the ones you wouldn't expect that yield the most high quality finds. I dont know if this is the fact that people in certain areas look for certain things and overlook others i.e people in boxhill looking for jeans and not Canali, but thats kinda how I've found it.

Not sure if that makes sense...

tailoredstuff

Reaction score
A)Spot clean if possible
B) Clean as required
C) Clean seasonally if relevant.
NB this is my dry cleaning routine for everything.

Dry clean whenever I spill something on them, and otherwise not at all.

Been wearing a few pair for about half year and no dry clean.... just hang and air out.

When you take it to dry clean, do you ask that they don't use the chemicals? Just steam and press - thought I red this somewhere to extend the life of them =\

Texmo

Reaction score
Shoe sites:

In the UK:

www.pediwear.co.uk/
www.herringshoes.co.uk/
www.afinepairofshoes.co.uk/
www.robertold.co.uk/

In Europe, I've bought from Carmina and a few people here have bought Meermin shoes
thanks brought 3 pairs from afinepairofshoes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads