Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Windowpane1967

Windowpane1967 Senior member

Sounds great. Very happy to support your initiative. Next pay day, 12 April, will place order for Navy Grenadine then. Think its great what your doing, would love to be able to do something like what your doing.

2. Windowpane1967

Your exactly right fxh....Its called biting the hand that feeds you. The Age, Courier, etc etc are dependant upon these stores placing large page advertisements. Paid advertising in the print press has dropped dramatically over the past couple of years, not hard to see why when you follow newsprint readership. I still paid $4.30 for the Sunday Age today in Brisbane, what a joke, just cant bring myself to reading the Sunday Mail, have to be the worst paper in the country. DJs full page 4 in todays Age.

3. Windowpane1967

Just be patient and persistent, they will mark down the stock eventually. I waited 6 months for the Thomas Pink shirts, socks etc I picked up Friday. I got them all half price, which in all honesty was probably still a premium, but, nevertheless the Pink Premium shirts are a beautiful fabric and worth the money I think. The navy and white houndstooth shirt was a stand out in their range so am thrilled I got one, not for $200 though!!

MJ Bale, my guess is that they have so much stock they have to discount it to keep it moving. Its unfortunate that DJs are not paying better attention to their stock, I saw $650 MJ Bale jackets on shirt hangers, and $100 MJ Bale shirts on Jacket hangers, just looked ordinary. Attention to detail ...... its the small things but its what counts.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2012
  4. Windowpane1967

Gerry - meant to respond to you on this one during the week. My best guess on a shirt here would have been a royal blue. Would look great with this tie and a navy suit, especially for autumn / winter. Royal blue needs to make a come back. I have just this week, after searching high and low in Sydney and Melbourne ordered royal blue shirts from the Eton range through Roberts Menswear. The fabric looks fantastic.

5. JohnsNotHere

JohnsNotHere Senior member

You might be lucky. I can't recall seeing Loake's at DJ's city store in Perth. I have seen a pair of wingtips at a small shoe shop in one of the arcades though ($400 from memory. Looked like 1880 range). I usually go for a wander at lunch times so will get the shop name for you if you like.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2012
  6. lychee

lychee Well-Known Member

Yeh hopefully they have some there. It's listed on the website. Sounds like De Burgh's? In the Carrilion arcade just off the murray st mall?

7. jobro

jobro Senior member

You will be in luck, DJ's Perth now carry Loake, albeit a very small range (no 1880).

8. JohnsNotHere

JohnsNotHere Senior member

That sounds right

The 1880 range is the only one's I'd bother with. Other ranges may have the same lasts though, so he may be able to get his size at least.

9. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Thanks for the kind words and no worries. Don't forget the discount code SF10 for a 10% discount. It's been always something I've wanted to do also and the opportunity came about so I took it. But it's not that glamorous at the moment, I still work full time and do everything in my spare time when I can. Maybe in a few years it will be filled with buying trips to Italy and doing it full-time, but for now I'm happy to pay my dues getting everything going.

10. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I have a great royal blue shirt from cottonwork, definitely not worn as much as the lighter blue ones but still a great colour. I'll wear it tomorrow actually and post a pic if I get time.

11. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

Thanks for that! I'm glad you think it would be great for autumn/winter although given that we had warm weather in Melbourne yesterday and today, it still feels like summer.

Looking forward to it!

12. maplefuturist

maplefuturist Senior member

Anybody owned a pair of shoes from Aquila? What’s the quality like?

13. Windowpane1967

Here's betting its still on the floor !!

14. Windowpane1967

Ever owned a Datsun? No nor have I. Avoid. So many better options available.

15. lennier

lennier Senior member

The usual mediocre glued stuff that you get in most shoe stores. Massively overpriced at full retail but on deep discount can be an ok beater if you like a particular style of theirs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.