• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sydney supposedly. Heard a few weeks back.
Was interested in Suit Supply, but last I checked, their sizing starts at 38...wtf.
haha, if that doesn't convince you this new addition to their collection should
I don't think MJ Bale deserve flack for these bold pattern choices. C'mon, you're giving them flack for this then you give them flack for recycling the same old POW suits every Autumn. I am all for fun fabrics options. On something unrelated: When the hell did SF sell themselves out? It used to be just ad banners from direct affiliates, now it's random google ad banners all over the place.

Last edited:

LonerMatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just think they need to rejigg their marketing and campaign launches a bit, I mean suit supply don't do too much different, they stick with classics but with different seasonal colours and materials but a) all the pieces are well modelled and styled together and b) they have crazy campaigns but it gets attention and does the job without having to resort to creating out there pieces which do nothing but get people questioning if MJB know what they are doing anymore.

Yeah, instead SS indulges in revolting and overtly sexist advertising that is, in of itself, an ethical clusterfuck.

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was interested in Suit Supply, but last I checked, their sizing starts at 38...wtf.
I don't think MJ Bale deserve flack for these bold pattern choices. C'mon, you're giving them flack for this then you give them flack for recycling the same old POW suits every Autumn. I am all for fun fabrics options.
That's the internet, consensus for you or just not being able to make everyone happy, I have no problems with more Navy or pow cut in different styles or re-used, where as this I think lends itself to a sartorial wtf.

Quote:
Again, bit of a can't please everyone thing, for me sexism implies an inequality or discrimination aspect to it, SS marketing is more a kin to the notion that sex sells and or the market association for consumers that dressing well will get naked women in your pool...apparently.

Last edited:

joiji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Apparently current design is a 4zip moto, as far as I can tell, standard sizes, but customizable options like leather, lining? Hopefully they allow length changes or I'll be SOL. Should keep a watch over the Vanson collabs too. Trial jackets for the rider should be in within the month, I believe.

Oli2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not really interested in Suit Supply - I feel Australia is spoilt for choice when it comes to suits.

It's shoos we need.

LonerMatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Again, bit of a can't please everyone thing, for me sexism implies an inequality or discrimination aspect to it, SS marketing is more a kin to the notion that sex sells and or the market association for consumers that dressing well will get naked women in your pool...apparently.

Apologist crap.

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=...a=X&ei=qh4RVbChK4uE8QWXnICQCQ&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ

Look at those images and tell me they aren't incredibly demeaning and play into vile and outdated notions of power, sex, domination and wealth. The advertisements go beyond the usual 'sex sells' smarm and become derogatory and hideous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paul_L