• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

lukejackson

Reaction score
Going to a wedding here next weekend, should be fun. Only brought two ties which I am now regretting. Sartorial dilemmas.

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I stopped checking the thread, but just went for a browse. the SF/Honourmark/Johnson's jacket project looks enticing for <1kUSD and a 3month delivery window.

The kangaroo racer looked like it could be pretty awesome but sounds like they aren't doing that one. Their other jackets look like solid alternatives to barbour albeit quite pricey

JimmyHoffa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, this is literally the only option.

It's just hard to keep advertising the staples, over and over again. Don't forget, a big portion of their shop is still comprised of solid grey, navy and charcoal.

MJ Bale probably wants to be known for being progressive and partially 'forward', because this ultimately is likely to make them more profitable.

Oli2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's just hard to keep advertising the staples, over and over again. Don't forget, a big portion of their shop is still comprised of solid grey, navy and charcoal.

MJ Bale probably wants to be known for being progressive and partially 'forward', because this ultimately is likely to make them more profitable.

I agree (amazingly) with DR on this one. You can do a lot with bolder suits, patterned shirts, cutaway collars and outerwear as their catalogue shows.

The campaign launch was a bit of a disaster IMO. I still like MJ Bale though.

DartagnanRed

Reaction score
I agree (amazingly) with DR on this one. You can do a lot with bolder suits, patterned shirts, cutaway collars and outerwear as their catalogue shows.

The campaign launch was a bit of a disaster IMO. I still like MJ Bale though.
In that case, I tend to side with JimmyHoffa.

Oh god no I don't.

Yes I do.

But I can't.

But I have to.

*Explodes*

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just think they need to rejigg their marketing and campaign launches a bit, I mean suit supply don't do too much different, they stick with classics but with different seasonal colours and materials but a) all the pieces are well modelled and styled together and b) they have crazy campaigns but it gets attention and does the job without having to resort to creating out there pieces which do nothing but get people questioning if MJB know what they are doing anymore.

DartagnanRed

Reaction score
My MJ Bale winter collection:

Crappy collection tag :"Check this **** out"

Dark navy POW check suit
Dark blue POW check suit
Dark grey POW check suit
Overcheck grey three quarter length double breasted coat (not big seller but statement piece)
Blue/navy waist length semi-thick wool peacoat with nice big lapels0
Mid grey fine POW check trousers with side tabs

#innovation

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think MJ Bale (for all its faults) has stolen a march on Herringbone again this year. They have some decent half lined jackets at the moment and most of the suits look ok. I don't even mind the 8 button db - though I agree it's styled appallingly on their website and way too tight on the model.

Quite liked the look and feel of this jacket, though I need another SC like a hole in the head:

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think MJ Bale (for all its faults) has stolen a march on Herringbone again this year. They have some decent half lined jackets at the moment and most of the suits look ok. I don't even mind the 8 button db - though I agree it's styled appallingly on their website and way too tight on the model.

Quite liked the look and feel of this jacket, though I need another SC like a hole in the head:

It looks nice in the photo but in real life I think that it's a couple of inches too short. Also, it's got working cuff buttons, which is fine if the sleeves need minimal shortening, but is a royal pain in the backside otherwise.

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, it's probably a little shorter than rigid SF standards dictate, though I didn't think it was criminally so when I tried it on, and I'm pretty tall so it might wear longer for others. It's the kind of jacket you wear open 99% of the time anyway. I'm sure fxh would be able to draw some red lines on a diagram to illustrate just how bad or otherwise it is.

And yes working cuffs can be annoying if the sleeves need shortening though you could always ask stitches how he got around that issue. :p

Oli2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A lot of the stuff from the A/W 2015 catalogue was nice. My only whinge is that the blue lapel line currently use a poly/viscose lining rather than the standard bemberg, but I emailed Drew Hoare who said he wasn't happy with it himself and would be looking at it in the future.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FitSpressCost